Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / interactive real map

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I just started with AppGameKit and it´s awesome. We are creating an app for iOS and Android where we need an interactive map, like Google Maps or OpenStreetMap with 20 POIs.
Does anyone has an idea how to do this? I already found some code to download images of Google Maps, but my idea is going further than this.
We want to:
- create clickable POIs (you can click on them and get to another scene in the app with details about the POI)
- show the position of the user in realtime via GPS
- zoom in and out, drag the map.
Simply like the behavior in the app of Google Maps.

The other way would be to integrate a window, where the map is shown - Like a browser inside the app. But when I integrate a browser with a map on a server is it possible to make the POIs clickable, so you can change to another scene inside the app?

Is one of these ways even possible?

Thank you very much for your help. There is a picture what I mean: I integrated in Google Maps some POIs and an own little image of a part of the map. Now I want to use this somehow in the app.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
It is not possible with Tier1. You could probably integrate it manually in Tier2 but it would be much more complicated. I would really like to see some form of Map View capability as well since that coupled with AR could really open the doors for some interesting apps that currently require other engines.
IronManhood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2018 16:27 Edited at: 17th May 2018 16:29
It's possible in tier 1 but you would have to program the map functionality from scratch, basically recreate google maps.

You can run external apps in tier 1 but I don't think it's allowed on mobile devices.
Sonstiges
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you. I think I will write some kind of map of my own. I search for days for a solution now and it doesn´t seem possible. It´s sad that AppGameKit is not supporting this. It´s the best way to develop apps...
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2018 21:22
Why would it not be possible in Tier 1? I think it would be very possible. You could use Google Maps for the map imagery (you'd probably have to pay for API access if your app becomes popular, and you can even get street view images) and you could have an admin version that allows your to place your POIs (you could save an array of POIs as JSON and the main app could load those place the POIs on the Google map imagery - the JSON could even be stored remotely allowing you to update the POIs without having to publish new version of the app etc).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:27:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:27:32