Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Advert and IAP Firebase Events not being reported in Firebase Analytics...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2018 16:37
Today I have been studying the Firebase Analytics stuff for my Night Light app, and I can't help but notice only a handful of the events Firebase collects automatically are showing up in my event log.

The events I'm really interested in are the ones relating to In App Purchase (I'm fairly sure I have linked my Google Play account with Firebase properly) and also AdMob adverts.

I'm wondering these events are being recorded for anyone else? If it's me doing something wrong, or if there is something a little off with the way AppGameKit is integrated with Firebase?

Thanks in advance!!

=PRoF=
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2018 12:12
I'm sorry to do this, but *bump*, I really would appreciate some answers on this.

Does no one else here use the Firebase analytics for their projects?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2018 14:16
I've never used it, but can you create your own event using FirebaseLogEvent( event_name )... for event_name, use "AdMob_Advert" or "IAP-Item x Clicked" etc.?
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2018 14:37 Edited at: 28th May 2018 14:38
@CJB:
Yeah, I know I can create my own, but >here< is a list of Firebase events which are supposed to be recorded automatically.

It would be straight forward enough to do a custom one for a successful IAP purchase as you suggest, but one for clicking on the ads would be trickier as there is no way to tell in AppGameKit as to whether the ad has been clicked or not. (Although thinking about it I may be able to record the information using presses on an invisible sprite placed over (or behind) the banner ad.)

Thanks for the suggestions tho
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I would be interested in the answer as well. I've not implemented Firebase into any AppGameKit project yet but plan to for my next release. The help just says "Starts the Firebase analytics system and the tracking of some automated events" which doesn't make it very clear. I'd assume the implementation would handle all automated events not just some but we have no way of knowing precisely how it is incorporated into AGK.

On a different topic, have you ever been able to use SMART BANNERS on Android in AppGameKit? Paul added commands for different banner sizes at one point but on Android I have been unable to get any of them to show up at all except the original 320x50 format. We should be able to call CreateAdvert(5, 0, 0, 0) and it should then stretch a banner across the width of the device with a height based on the device itself. It works fine on iOS but nothing on Android and I've tried numerous devices (tablets and phones). I wrote to Paul about it but never heard back.
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2018 10:22
@xCept: I've not tried to use Smart banners, I'm just using the normal "Type 0" banner ads.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:53:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:53:39