Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / [SOLVED] ASCII 128 to 255?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2018 03:23 Edited at: 19th May 2018 03:26
So I'm working on a roguelike, very loosely following The Complete Python Roguelike Tutorial, but in AGK*. So even though I'm planning to use graphical tiles, I thought it would be useful to read through the documentation on text commands and fonts. For example, I was thinking I could do the early Ultima thing with putting giant letters on the ground/walls to represent store signs. Anyway, I got to the examples on making custom fonts and I have a question.

According to the documentation, you can use extended ASCII from 128 to 255 with commands such as SetTextExtendedFontImage and SetTextDefaultExtendedFontImage. But which extended ASCII? Wikipedia is super-unhelpful here.

*"Why?" I hear you ask. Because video tutorials help me stay focused.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2018 22:33
What do you mean "which" extended? The characters displayed will kind of depend on the font used.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
MadTinkerer
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Like I said, I couldn't find the specifics in the documentation, and Wikipedia is like "There are many extended ASCII encodings (more than 220 DOS and Windows codepages). Could you be more specific?".

Argh. As I was typing this, I decided to try a search for "extended" in the first Tutorial Guide and there it is on page 762. So I did have the answer, but the tutorial guide is a separate product, not part of the official documentation, so it's not a RTFM situation.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:27:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:27:00