Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [bug] Editor changes String to StringToBase64 when pressing enter.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Type
S as String

and then press Enter.

Just as soon as you press Enter, String changes to StringToBase64. In the autocomplete, String doesn't show up. A bit annoying as I need to press Space, then Backspace before pressing enter each time I end a line with String.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2018 02:28 Edited at: 21st May 2018 02:29
Yes it is annoying, here is how to solve it (Paul should also make this small change to the editor for future versions):

1. Open "Tier 1\Editor\Data\tags\main.agc.tags" in a text editor such as Notepad.
2. Insert the following line into the top of the file on its own line:

3. Save the file.
4. Reopen the AppGameKit editor.

Now you can enter "As String" and it will both autocomplete to "String" and allow you to still autocomplate to the Base64 version as needed but it won't auto-switch it.
IronManhood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2018 08:52
Thank you so much! Very annoying.
TomToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks xCept, that worked.. Note that you might need to open the text editor in administrative mode.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2018 10:42
Thanks xCept, this has been annoying me for a long time!

The next one to fix is the issue where variables in a Type disappear from the list after a couple of characters are typed, if there are similar AppGameKit commands that can be listed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:13:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:13:53