Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Object not displaying - Debug Mode for VR

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

Im trying to load in the shotgun.fbx (along with others) but they appear to be failing? - I picked the shotgun as its used in the duck shoot demo so I know it should work ! I am using LoadObject("shotgun.FBX") then positioning it. Other FBX files load, it all seems hit and miss (all assests tim copying from other 3d demos by AppGameKit )

Debug mode, as im running with the VR plugin, when I run in debug it just says.

"AGKVR" required by this ap, it may not be available for this platform ? - so no debug mode for VR ?

Im trying lots of different 3d objects and they are all not loading, which leads me to think its something im doing. Ive tried scaling the object etc

/Wopag
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2018 00:12
should all be working fine, can you show some code?
the only obvious issues i can think of are;
- positioning, make sure they are actually near or infront of the player (easiest way is to position it at the hmd position then use moveobjectlocalx/y/z), if you are inside the object it won't render
- the camera draw range, make sure you are setting the near and far ranges to a good level and it's not cropping the object from being rendered
- scale, the object might be too small as vr has it's own scale - though you say you already tried it

if you still cant get it to work then just copy the code from the example demos and see what youre doing differently.
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2018 14:02 Edited at: 21st May 2018 14:08
You sure you got the scaling right? In the example code, it goes like this:

LoadObjectWithChildren(ShotGun,"shotgun.FBX")
SetObjectScalePermanent(ShotGun,0.028,0.028,0.028)

I remember one time I tried to put a chair into my game. I took on my HMD and looked around. No chair. Then I looked up and saw this death-star size object hovering above me!
wopag
Years of Service
User Offline
School boy error Im afraid .....copied them into the wrong folder

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:28:14
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:28:14