Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Correction to help file

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2018 14:36
SendHTTPFile
Quote: "also allows you to send POST data to the server which can include variables or file data, e.g. "myvar=5&var2=test"."

Quote: "szPostData - The raw post data to send to the server, note that & and = are special characters that separate variables."

Sounds misleading since it's actually describing a GET request.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
AGK is actually sending the data via POST, but uses the GET-style structure internally to allow the user to specify the data within a single parameter. Now that AppGameKit supports JSON objects I wouldn't mind seeing a revision to this command so we could instead pass in a JSON-encoded string e.g., "{var1:val,var2:val}" which would also alleviate the confusion.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2018 14:22
Ah gotcha.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:30:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:30:25