Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / need help setting up Visual Studio 2017 Community edition

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 31st May 2018 06:08
I purchased the AppgameKit Official Official Tier 2 Starters guide
and followed the directions to install
1>Visual studio community edition
2>Java Development Kit
3>Android Native Development Kit (NDK)
4>Installed Android studio
5>installed Gridle
6>Ran jnicompilebat

As per the instuctions and everything got no errors except when i try and comile a template i get the following errors

I thought i could just add to the templates properties under VC++ Directories/include
the missing header files but when i do that i just seem to get even more errors and im not
sure what is the best way to fix it so as the template will run and then programs. Its been
quite a long time since ive used visual studio

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

fubar
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 31st May 2018 07:03 Edited at: 31st May 2018 07:03
Hello

Do those header files reside in the project folder?

Or is the paths of where they do truly live are put in the library paths in the visual c++ :-

i.e. under Project -> Properties -> Configuration Properties -> VC++ Directorys -> Library Directories
enter $(LibraryPath)

Something to look at at first step at least.
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2018 07:38
You mention Android Studio and Gradle, so just to be clear, are you trying to build for Windows or for Android?

It might be worth having a look at Tier 2 Setup Tutorials here. I'm wondering if you installed the C++ modules when you installed Visual Studio? I don't think they are installed by default. You can see how this is done of page 3 of the Windows setup tutorial.

I hope that helps.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 31st May 2018 10:40
Quote: "Do those header files reside in the project folder? "

no but im not sure which ones I should even path they are in several different folders

Quote: "You mention Android Studio and Gradle, so just to be clear, are you trying to build for Windows or for Android?"

Andoid apps in windows

fubar

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:06:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:06:15