Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Error when exporting as an iOS .apk file ERROR 256:

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When trying to export to iOS I get the following error after filling out all the details and pressing "export"

Has anyone experienced this issue?
THE_NOTORIOUS_PIGGY
Years of Service
User Offline
I wrote a support ticket and got the following response:
----------
Hi,

My dev team says:

"There will be a rogue file in the app. Maybe something like a PSD file with the extension PNG Or some assets might be missing from the package like icons"

So check your files and be sure you have everything in place properly.
----------
I have went through my files back and forth for the past hour and still cannot find the issue. All assets are there and everything is where its supposed to be. Any other sources or isssue that I could have missed?
Richard_6
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure if this is the case, but you can't use alpha channels on the icon or splash images. Try to flattern your icon or leave it blank to see if it works.
THE_NOTORIOUS_PIGGY
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay so when I didnt put in any icon it worked. But now I am confused, because I dont know why it doesnt work. My icon is a .png with a 1024x1024 resolution with no alpha channels. Any other requirements?
THE_NOTORIOUS_PIGGY
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is my file, sorry forgot to attach it in my last post
THE_NOTORIOUS_PIGGY
Years of Service
User Offline
Again I forgot

Attachments

Login to view attachments
THE_NOTORIOUS_PIGGY
Years of Service
User Offline
I uploaded the app without an icon, and sure enough it worked but I have the following issues:

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "Lunar Hoops". Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

This is what it looks like in Itunes Connect: https://prnt.sc/jqwx1i
Furthermore, I also have this issue:

I do not use any push notifications or any notifications in my app. How do I get around these two issues?

I used xcode 7.3.1 and its application loader to send the app through.
Richard_6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2018 14:48 Edited at: 5th Jun 2018 14:49
I've struggled in similar issues. Regarding the icon, if you're using Photoshop, make sure to use the feature Flattern Image. You can also save as jpg and then save again as PNG to make sure the alpha channels were removed.

About push notifications, here's the thing: when I submitted my game for the first time, I got a rejection message saying that I was't using properly the AR features. Turns out my game didn't have any AR features. I had to reply asking them to review again and they finally got it approved. Not sure it's the same case, but I hope it helps.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2018 15:53
Quote: "Unknown argument '--product-type'."

Means you have an older version of XCode installed that doesn't recognise that parameter. Updating XCode should fix it.

Quote: "I do not use any push notifications or any notifications in my app. How do I get around these two issues?"

You don't have to do anything about that, it is just a warning that's saying AppGameKit includes push notification commands but you haven't enabled push notifications for that app. If you are not using those commands then it won't cause any problems.

Quote: "I got a rejection message saying that I was't using properly the AR features"

Part of the same problem, Apple scan the app for API usage, like push notifications and AR, and then assume that you are using those features. If you aren't actually using them then Apple should allow the app through.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 18:16:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 18:16:33