Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Chartboost rewarded videos never load (including test ones)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone use Chartboost rewarded videos in AppGameKit?

Not since AppGameKit 2017.12.12 have I been able to get any rewarded Chartboost ads to load/cache at all. This includes when running the default "Projects/Adverts/Rewarded Videos" app and after switching my app to test mode through Chartboost and updating the IDs.

When I last experimented with this back in February (using 2017.12.12) I was able to pull up the test Chartboost ads without issue. But I tried again in April and just now using the last two versions and can't pull in any Chartboost content. Calling "CacheRewardAdChartboost()" does nothing no matter how many times I try (after setting the Chartboost details).

Only thing I haven't experimented with yet is adding Chartboost via Admob Mediation. Also, these SDKs have been updated recently with consideration to the new privacy laws so hopefully AppGameKit will have them updated by the next build.
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Xcept, I used it in the past (last year) I guess version 2017_09_25 and it worded ok apparently.. no through mediation but directly
Maybe something got broken since then? anyway I'm with you, have this feature working right is much neccesary.
Best!
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Pinete,

Last night I did have some success with this after more testing but it can still seem quite unpredictable. I've found that it can take even several hours for the "test mode" option to take affect on Chartboost, during which time it didn't seem to serve any ads. I won't really know how good the fillrate is or if it works with production ads until deployed.

Mediation is still very inviting since Google supports around 30 ad networks for banners, interstitials and rewarded videos with very minimal work required. Through Google Admob mediation it can automatically monitor the eCPM of all added networks and serve the most profitable ones first.

I will have to research what version of Google Mobile Ads / Google Play Services SDK is being used with AGK. The last mention of Admob SDK was way back in version 2.0.22 from 2016 which used 7.15.0, but hopefully it has been updated as there have been 16 major releases since then including ones compatible with iPhone X etc. I feel in the dark about the third party SDKs with AppGameKit as it is rarely noted when they are updated and a lot of the code is compiled and not readily apparent.

For this project I am now checking for both Admob and Chartboost rewarded videos. If none are available I also check for interstitials as a fallback and will still reward a small amount when those are clicked even if we can't track that. Again mediation would really be the way to go as it'd be a single banner/interstitial/rewarded ad call through AppGameKit but the best network would then be served up automatically. I will still experiment to see if I can get mediation to function as I had it working with banner ads a few years back and wrote a tutorial about it here.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 07:10:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 07:10:52