Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Augmented reality question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys,

I was exploring a bit AR functionality in AppGameKit and my question is. Since it relies on google's ARCORE technology, does it mean that only few latest devices with Android 8 can use this feature?

basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline
I would guess so. My Huawei phone (Android 7) refuses to use AR because "This feature requires the latest version or ARCore."
When I try to download "ARCore by Google", it says: "Your device isn't compatible with this version."
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2018 11:09 Edited at: 20th Jun 2018 11:13
There is an official list of what devices with which Android version is supported
https://developers.google.com/ar/discover/supported-devices

It mention on the top it requires Android 7.
Also some of the devices is running Android 7 out of the box and the page does not mentioning that it need to be upgraded to 8.
Wondering if that really the case as I plan to buy a new mobile shortly and would like to pick one of the "cheap" options from the list that support ARCore.
The list seem to being updated often, last time I checked can't remember seeing any Nokia phones, so I would guess they would mention it on the page if from now on only Android 8 or greater is recommended on all devices.
psychoanima
Years of Service
User Offline
That kind of sucks, it almost giving you same market limitations like VR, only that here you have to have expensive cellphone instead of VR set.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:32:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:32:53