Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit Version 2018.06.22

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2018 14:12 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2018 14:22
I've uploaded a new version to Steam and the TGC download area with the following changes

* Fixed Android apps that set ARCore as required being rejected by Google due to missing AndroidManifest.xml feature
* Added check box in the IDE preference to produce 64-bit executables on Windows instead of 32-bit executables
* Fixed CURL error when running AppGameKit apps on newer versions of Linux
* Changed AdMob ads to show non-personalised ads by default to comply with the GDPR
* Changed Charboost ads to show non-personalised ads by default to comply with the GDPR
* Added commands to request consent for personalised AdMob ads using the Google consent dialog (requires you to reduce your list of providers from the 200 commonly used ones to a maximum of 12 in your AdMob settings)
* Added OverrideConsentAdMob command to turn on personalised ads, if you have consent from the user from your own dialog
* Added OverrideConsentChartboost command to turn on personalised ads, if you have consent from the user from your own dialog
* Added an error message if FacebookActivateAppTracking is called before FacebookSetup
* Fixed SetSpriteAnimation not always reporting an error if the number of frames specified exceeds the image size
* Fixed an error about a missing games_app_id entry in the values.xml file when exporting for Amazon if the Google Play App ID field has a value even if it is greyed out
* Added command GetSupportedShaderVaryings to return the number of vec4 varyings that can be used in shaders
* Updated Chartboost SDK on Android to version 7.2.0
* Updated Chartboost SDK on iOS to version 7.2.0
* Updated Amazon Ads on Android to version 5.8.2
* Updated Amazon Ads on iOS to version 2.2.15.1
* Updated AdMob SDK on iOS to 7.31.0
* AdMob on Android is currently using version 11.8.0
* Fixed AdMob smart banner ads not apearing on Android
* Fixed AdMob smart banner ads on iOS not appearing in the correct location
* Fixed FBX files in text format sometimes causing errors during loading
* Fixed tapping on notifications from the app whilst the app is open on Android causing a blank screen or image corruption
* iOS will now automatically change the app orientation if SetOrientationAllowed is used when the device is in an orientation that is no longer allowed
* Added GetSpeechNumVoices, GetSpeechVoiceName, GetSpeechVoiceLanguage to return the available TextToSpeech voices on the current device
* Android expansion files can now be used to store 3D objects, OGG and WAV files, and any file opened with OpenToRead
* Use the prefix "expansion:" to load files from expansion files, e.g. OpenToRead("expansion:MyFile.txt"), the file will be extracted from the expansion file to the write folder then opened as normal, subsequent requests to open "expansion:MyFile.txt" will read the file directly from the write folder without re-extracting it, unless the file has been deleted

We've also added some support for the Steam Workshop on Windows, currently it only supports free items and may have some bugs, so check it out and let us know what you think. You find links to it in the IDE File menu.

Note that Android apps created using this version target Android API 26, which means you must request permission for any commands that use GPS location, "raw:" file paths, screen recording, or the camera feed (including AR).
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Jun 2018 14:14
thanks Paul, will check it out later
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2018 14:21
I've seen something like this quite a few times and gave up trying to work out why. Glad to know it wasn't something I caused. Thanks for fixing

- Fixed tapping on notifications from the app whilst the app is open on Android causing a blank screen or image corruption
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2018 15:44
Thanks Paul!
But what about fixing the GetPaused() command on Mac?
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 22nd Jun 2018 17:56
Thanks Paul
fubar
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
Did you guys tried the GDPR commands and etc ? Frankly I'm getting tired of all of these changes. Can we just disable the games or apps for all EU countries by just single click in the Google Developer console ?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2018 18:56
If you don't want to show personalised ads then you can leave everything at default, AppGameKit defaults to non-personalised ads. If you want to use personalised ads then that's where things get tricky and you need consent from EU users.
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
@Paul, regarding libcurl on linux, Can you please ask @mike to update Visual Editor to use same method or fixed from AppGameKit ? Visual Editor still relying on libcurl3 and libpng12-0 , both of them are obsolete.
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2018 20:12 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2018 20:21
Quote: "•Added check box in the IDE preference to produce 64-bit executables on Windows instead of 32-bit executables"

Thanks, really appreciate this one.

Saves some time reconfiguring after every update. Now only reconfiguring the fully dark color theme setting remains to be done after every update. Can we get a prefs setting for that one too(in a next update or so)? I'm pretty sure lot's of people would value that.
(see: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/221767 )
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Many thanks Paul especially for all the SDK updates and ad fixes.

Quote: "Now only reconfiguring the fully dark color theme setting remains to be done after every update. "

A couple years ago I created my own full dark "package" for AppGameKit and bundled into all a single drag-and-drop ZIP. Guess I never shared before it but you can see a screenshot and find it attached:

1.) Copy "Tier 1" folder over to your root AppGameKit install, select yes to replace existing files.
2.) Open AGK. Double check "AGK Dark" is selected in View > Change Color Scheme > AppGameKit Dark.
3.) Adjust your font in View > Change Font. I recommend Consolas Regular 12pt (size doesn't matter as you can ctrl+mouse wheel to alter the text size any time.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 07:50 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2018 08:46
@xCept

Thanks for sharing(It's basically what I do already though).

I had thought about writing a script (or app using AGK), that does the whole config thing for me(, if I could find the time that is lol), but I think AGK/TGC would benefit from doing this themselves, for it would just offer that little bit of extra straight-from-the-box that would lure people towards the platform.
I would add in features list: "Fully configurable editor, in the colors that *you* prefer!"

I know that Unity sells the "darker gray" theme for only the Pro market(at least that's what they did before, haven't checked for over a year), so might be an extra positive point on the list pleading for AppGameKit over Unity.
All little bits help, and I think this should be fairly easy to implement for AGK/TGC.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 16:24 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2018 16:41
@Paul,

1.) The MacOS interpreter cannot be built in this version due to linker errors relating to PACConsent. Error:

Quote: "ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L../../platform/apple/Lib/Debug'
ld: warning: ignoring file ../../platform/apple/Source/Social Plugins/PersonalizedAdConsent.framework/PersonalizedAdConsent, missing required architecture x86_64 in file ../../platform/apple/Source/Social Plugins/PersonalizedAdConsent.framework/PersonalizedAdConsent (2 slices)
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"_OBJC_CLASS_$_PACConsentForm", referenced from:
objc-class-ref in libAGKiOS.a(SocialPlugins.o)
"_OBJC_CLASS_$_PACConsentInformation", referenced from:
objc-class-ref in libAGKiOS.a(SocialPlugins.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)"

2.) I'm not sure what's up but Chartboost is failing to return anything but 0 for "GetRewardAdLoadedChartboost()" when testing in the latest AppGameKit Player. The same code and publisher ID (from TGC) is working in the May 2018 player.

3.) I'm also unable to pull up full screen ads in the latest player. For Admob I have an app that utilizes banners and interstitials which has always been complicated in AppGameKit since the same "SetAdMobDetails()" function is shared but the required IDs are different. In May 2018 version I was able to get this working by calling SetAdmobDetails(INTERSTITIAL_ID) followed by SetAdmobDetails(BANNER_ID). But nothing is returning '1' in the latest player.

I'll be diverting back to the previous version until I can figure out the ad/build issues.

@All - Can anyone successfully retrieve Chartboost reward ads with the latest player and AppGameKit? You can test the Adverts/Rewarded Videos project. I also can't get Admob ones to appear at least on my iPad.
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 18:35
@Paul

Will there be a Raspberry Pi version of the 2018.06.22 update, it is not in My Products area.

Thank you
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
@paul , smartbanner for android still not working. I still need to use fluidbanner to display banner ads on android. Anybody managed to display smartbanner ads on android ?
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool. Thanks for another update.
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2018 15:40
Quote: "The MacOS interpreter cannot be built in this version due to linker errors relating to PACConsent"

The Mac version doesn't use the PACConsent library, I've double checked and it compiles here. However the iOS projects do use it, and in the error message it is linking to libAGKiOS.a which would suggest you were compiling an iOS project, can you confirm which project you are compiling?

Quote: "I'm not sure what's up but Chartboost is failing to return anything but 0 for "GetRewardAdLoadedChartboost()""

It seems Chartboost don't have any non-personalised ads yet, using OverrideConsentChartboost(2) to turn on personalised ads works but you need user consent to be able to do that.

Quote: " In May 2018 version I was able to get this working by calling SetAdmobDetails(INTERSTITIAL_ID) followed by SetAdmobDetails(BANNER_ID)"

Unfortunately banner ads are not officially supported at the same time as interstitials, although you may be able to hack around it by using SetAdmobDetails with the banner details, creating the banner ad, then switching to SetAdmobDetails with the interstitial details. The banner ad users the AdMob details once, in CreateAdvert, whereas the interstitials use them constantly, so it is better to do the banner ad first.

Quote: "Will there be a Raspberry Pi version of the 2018.06.22 update"

Sorry, I forgot to add the new file to the product, it should be there now.

Quote: "smartbanner for android still not working"

Works here, tested on Galaxy S8 with SetAdMobDetails( "ca-app-pub-6042722625366627/9089962569" )
coder51223
Years of Service
User Offline
I still get the same android error
7.0(NRD90M)

In the last version I discovered the line that caused the error
LoadObjectWithChildren(zombieobj,"zombie\zombie.ms3d")

I don't know what happened, but as I said some versions ago the program didn't fail and now it does. I didn't changed the code, so I don't know what's happening.

I don't use ARcore

I can't continue developing if it is not solved.

Need help, please.
Thanks
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "can you confirm which project you are compiling?"

Sorry, it was the iOS interpreter I was trying to compile. I misspoke. interpreter_ios.
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
@Paul, It does display now . I forgot to update the AppGameKit player on my phone. Regarding the consent. I ran the Advert\Interstitial examples, there is an error when I click on the "Consent" button.

"Ad Consent Form Error: request is not in EEA or unknown"

Chartboost and Amazon ads never loaded on my phone.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2018 14:05
Quote: "I still get the same android error"

Is there a thread where I can read more details about the error?

Quote: "Sorry, it was the iOS interpreter I was trying to compile. I misspoke. interpreter_ios."

No problem. It looks like you may be compiling in debug mode, which could be missing the framework paths as I only compiled it in release mode when testing. Does it work in release mode for you?

Quote: "Ad Consent Form Error: request is not in EEA or unknown"

If the user is not in the EEA then you do not need to request consent, LoadAdMobConsentStatus should detect this and set GetConsentStatus to 2. Can you confirm that this value is present?
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2018 21:44 Edited at: 26th Jun 2018 21:54
Quote: "It looks like you may be compiling in debug mode, which could be missing the framework paths as I only compiled it in release mode when testing. Does it work in release mode for you?"

@Paul, I found it relates specifically to trying to build with any SIMULATOR selected (in both debug and release). This makes sense given the "missing required architecture x86_64 in file ../../platform/apple/Source/Social Plugins/PersonalizedAdConsent.framework/PersonalizedAdConsent" notice, as the simulators use x86_64 arch. Any way to resolve this so simulators can be used again?

Quote: "If the user is not in the EEA then you do not need to request consent, LoadAdMobConsentStatus should detect this and set GetConsentStatus to 2. Can you confirm that this value is present?"

If I understand this correctly, in the new version of AppGameKit we should always be calling LoadConsentStatusAdMob and then GetConsentStatusAdMob before doing anything with Admob? And if they aren't in a European region affected then by default it will be 2 even if they haven't consented at all?

But on Chartboost we only have OverrideConsentChartboost() - can we do this safely for non-Europe users and is there any way to determine that via AppGameKit? I guess if GetConsentStatusAdMob is 2 then it would be safe to do this via Chartboost, or?

Just trying to figure out a way to get it back to normal functionality at least for unaffected users.
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
@paul it does display GetConsentStatus =2

Thanks
coder51223
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi paul
---
Quote: "I still get the same android error"

Is there a thread where I can read more details about the error?
---
I've reported the same error in the last versions

Perhaps there's a problem with the 3d model, I don't know, but this happens in the last versions of AGK. This worked fine before those versions, I don't remember which was the first version to fail.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2018 14:48
Quote: "I found it relates specifically to trying to build with any SIMULATOR selected (in both debug and release)"

Add the following lines to the end of Core.m to define the missing symbols, however calling any of the consent commands may crash

Quote: "If I understand this correctly, in the new version of AppGameKit we should always be calling LoadConsentStatusAdMob and then GetConsentStatusAdMob before doing anything with Admob?"

Firstly, anything I say here is not legal advice, it is only my understanding, and I may be wrong. You should talk to a lawyer if you want to be sure. As I understand it consent is only required to show personalised ads to EU users, so if you want to continue showing personalised ads then yes, you need to call LoadConsentStatusAdMob and RequestConsentAdMob if GetConsentStatus returns a value other than 2, however if you don't want to show personalised ads then you don't need to do anything as AppGameKit defaults to non-personalised.

Quote: "And if they aren't in a European region affected then by default it will be 2 even if they haven't consented at all?"

Correct, no consent is required for non-EU users. But note the distinction between EU users, and users currently in the EU, I assume the law applies to all EU users regardless of where they currently are in the world.

Quote: "I guess if GetConsentStatusAdMob is 2 then it would be safe to do this via Chartboost, or? "

Unfortunately Chartboost haven't created a consent dialog process like AdMob so you must request consent yourself. The AdMob consent commands do not apply to Chartboost, even if a user consents to receive personalised ads from AdMob they may not consent to receive personalised ads from Chartboost. It might be possible for you to construct a consent dialog that covers both at the same time, so the user only has to face a single dialog, but again you should talk to a lawyer about how to do this to make sure you get it right.

Quote: "But on Chartboost we only have OverrideConsentChartboost() - can we do this safely for non-Europe users and is there any way to determine that via AppGameKit?"

If you can be sure the user is not from the EU then yes, you can turn on personalised ads, unfortunately AppGameKit does not provide this info. Note that it may also apply to EU users who are not currently in the EU, so GPS or other location data would not be sufficient. I assume AdMob is checking the user's Google account to find their nationality, but I can't be sure.

Quote: "I've reported the same error in the last versions"

Can you create a thread with the details of the error message, and a small example if possible, and I'll see if I can replicate the problem.
coder51223
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi paul

THREAD:
"I still get the same android error 7.0(NRD90M)"

you can find some code here

Thanks

Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2018 22:07
Thanks for the hard work guys!
Regards Sph!nx
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
1) Thanks a lot for the update Paul. As usual, it's great.

2) xCept, your dark skin is suuuperb!!! absolutely cool! thanks for sharing,
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2018 11:28
Hey Paul,

Please do something with GetPaused() on MacOS.
I bought a MacBook Pro specifically for this, but I can not release the game because the publisher demands to have the automatic pausing (and stopping the music) if I'm switching between open apps.

Thanks,
Alex
EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2018 21:38
will AGKMobile get the update?
-EdzUp
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2018 10:30
To the devs, from the help files, GetMemblockInt, " The returned value will be a signed byte between -2,147,483,648 and 2,147,483,647.", that's a pretty big byte you got there ( =
13/0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:32:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:32:54