Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [SOLVED] BUG: Linux GetRawKeyState()

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2018 13:47 Edited at: 28th Jun 2018 13:50
After holding down a key and releasing it, GetRawKeyState will show the key has been released but on the next few cycles will again show the key has been pressed again. This causes my character in my game to continue walking for a few moments after releasing the movement keys. This issue only exists in Linux.

Here is a simple example that will demonstrate the problem. The example uses the arrow keys. It will show a history of key states. Adds a "O" to the key press history when a arrow key is held down and a "." when no arrow key is pressed.

This is in Tier 2.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2018 17:46
Thanks, this appears to be a bug in GLFW 3.2.1 which we are using. Apparently it is fixed in version 3.3 which is yet to be released. I'll update it when possible.
Parry
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2018 23:55 Edited at: 28th Jul 2018 00:09
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
I downloaded the unreleased version of GLFW from Github and installed it over the current version 3.2.1. It fixed the bug and AppGameKit so far works flawlessly with it.

If anyone else needs this fix. After installing the older version 3.2.1. Download the unreleased version from Github as a zip file. Extract it and run the following commands in its bottom directory:

This version of GLFW is unreleased and may not be stable. Use at your own risk.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:15:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:15:57