Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [SOLVED] AGK2 link missing in Windows 10 Start Menu

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2018 22:26 Edited at: 9th Jul 2018 21:11
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Been away from AppGameKit for a while, and struggling with Windows 10. So I've just installed the latest AGK2 on to the latest updated 64 bit Windows 10 Prof. It all runs fine, except that no shortcut appears in the Windows 10 Start Menu. It's there when I look at the start menu folders, and it's installed on my desktop, but it doesn't show anywhere in the Start Menu.
I tried creating a new link, building it from scratch, and found that when I don't put "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK2" in the "Start in:" box in "Properties", the link appears in the Start Menu. But when I add that line (the same as is added automatically when AGK2 is installed) the link disappears.
I can't find any reference to anybody else having this problem. Anybody got any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still have no idea why this isn't working, but in the end I just created a batch file to change directories and run AppGameKit, and linked to that. Now it works for some reason.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:27:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:27:25