Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Game Pack 1 update

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2018 17:10
I just recently got the new AppGameKit Game Pack 1 update. I must say that the new update for Flappy (Flappy Birds) was very good. I really wanted to dive into the code. I just have to stop playing the game.
GREAT Work.
Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
AGK Community Tester
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 11th Jul 2018 18:03
I counted 29 games in total now and 25 with source code, some in "games" folder and the rest in "source code" folder
I don't know why it has such bad reviews because I think its quite good. What do people really expect for $2 geesh.
Ohwell im prob a little biased as I created the Night Driving one
fubar
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2018 18:16
I did that one and having same problemhave to stop playing it. Good work. I do lose a lot on that one.
Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
AGK Community Tester
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2018 18:18 Edited at: 11th Jul 2018 18:20
LOL thanks

The trick is not to drive so fast as the faster you go the longer it takes to decelerate
fubar
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2018 18:42 Edited at: 11th Jul 2018 18:42
The majority of the negative reviews I saw were people saying basically "wth I bought this and not one of the games has source. Why the hell don't they include the AppGameKit projects themselves?"

Yet clearly the source is included because the positive reviews talk about how awesome it is to have full source. One did say "FINALLY! I found the source code!" so maybe it just needs to be clearer maybe include it in large bold print right on the Steam page SOURCE CAN BE FOUND IN THE SO-AND-SO FOLDER and maybe have the first video show opening the projects from source and running.

Basically seems to be negatived for something that is not even true.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jul 2018 22:13
you found the source coding then?

puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jul 2018 22:14
You will find better source code at https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/222600

The inner workings of AGK
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jul 2018 22:25
Dont worrry about the future of AppGameKit - its still going strong, that is more for C++ development, features and ideas we can give to provide to AGK
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2018 02:24
@c0d3r9:

Yeah that is definitely sending the wrong message. And I just checked the steam page again and it says "Source code has been provided for four of the ten games, along with a small PDF booklet from the author describing his journey as a coder and his approach to creating games using AppGameKit. All ten games are compiled to run on a Windows PC only."

Seems like they need to update these pages. There are more than 10 included now I think and almost certainly more than only 4 with full source code.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2018 20:29
When it was first released on Steam, it were only the games, no source. It was strange, because it were examples, what you can do with AppGameKit for a low price, but nothing else. Later they added also the source code for some.
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2018 03:31 Edited at: 14th Jul 2018 03:52
Thanks, puzzler2018. I missed that. Not that I have any time to learn C++, but maybe someday lol

fubar - I looked at your code in the main thread. It's impossible to learn anything. Not nearly enough comments, and some loops are not indented. I really wanted to see what you did, but I can't follow it. Looks like you've done a lot of advanced stuff, and maybe forgetting newbs need to be handheld through tutorials(we haven't been here for 13 yrs ). I don't mean this as an insult, because I am really curious how you did all that. But, no way I am able to follow with the comments given.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2018 05:00
Quote: "fubar - I looked at your code in the main thread. It's impossible to learn anything"

Memblocks are quite advanced

but there are many other sections you should be able to follow

a quick run down is that the code creates all the posts and positions them on the x,y,z planes
the movement of the car really just moves these posts once the post have reached so far off
they start at the back again. So basically they make it never ending. There is a sinecurve that
is used to position them on the xplane. Cows etc move the same way and time that the posts
do. The other car yes there is only one which starts at a distant z location calculates a vector
to point it towards the centre of the road and moves at its own rate the same way the posts do.
The cows on the road are always on the road the only thing that changes is a random factor that
determines if they should be visible and collisions turned on. once they pass your car whether they
are visible or not they are positioned back off to a distant z position some rotating and positioning
again.

There is a shader which uses camera offsets for the left eye and then the right eye to use the
stereoscopic shader it needs to use Update(), Render(), Swap() to manually sync so when these
commands are used which is only when the user presses the stereo button the sync is not called
and they need to be done in the order as they are in code if you wish for stereoscopic 3D.

but that's pretty a quick summing of the code

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/222010 it started as a 3d never ending world like in that thread
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/222159the night driving thread is here

fubar
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, fubar

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 12:16:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 12:16:12