Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / My take on a terrain creator

Author
User Banned
Posted: 17th Aug 2018 20:35
This is my take on a terrain builder, this using triangle strips which join up the vertex points and changes the height of each vertex according to perlin noise

This also has colors in the meshmemblocks

puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 19th Aug 2018 12:21
Had a little flaw in code

I Think this is better

Keep coding and smiling....
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 19th Aug 2018 15:52
Think this is even better - an infitite rolling map world

Position your mouse / camera nicely and press and keep hold of "Space"

Enjoy and catch up later in the week
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 19th Aug 2018 23:07
That's really good and very useful
fubar
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 21st Aug 2018 18:58
Thanks

Here is a low poly style landscaping with this style of coding, just a few tweaks to do on the vertice colourings.

Added 2 functions

Function CreateObjectFromMeshWithColor(m ref as mesh) - this will build a mesh with colours

Function CreateObjectFromMeshWithUVTexturing(m ref as mesh) - this will build the mesh with texture an UV capabilities

Going to working on the rolling mapping it now

Long way to go yet

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2018 19:28
Add it to the codebase so you get credit when people use your snippets
Sounds cool and will test it at some time ...

https://www.thegamecreators.com/codebase
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2018 08:12 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2018 08:18
Tested version from "Posted: 19th Aug 2018 22:52"

I love it. Some changes and we have something like "ZBrush" / "Sculptris" http://pixologic.com/sculptris/
Or NoManSky.

I don't understand how to move in the scene. Pressing "up" on the cursor arrow keys does something, but can't really tell, what.
I have about 2000 FPS, when I am using SPACE and the terrain is forming it drops, depends on how long I hold SPACE.
I also don't understand, if my mouse pointer is influencing the terra-forming in anyway. Can't really tell any difference.

Looks great so far. No we need "save 3D object" But maybe we could use SaveMemblock and also load ObjectFromMemblock.

Tested also the new one, but every time I press a keyboard key, everything is frozen

Looks really great. Love it.
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Aug 2018 10:10
Thanks

The movements should work cause, its probably due to the landscape building that its feels like freezing - im aware of it and will correct it in time.

Im just trying new ideas and methods to build an infinate map. once we have this, then we will have something to work with any style app - even Minecraft.

Will work more over next weekend on this and once can figure everything out, then will be all moving around very nciely.

Still way to go yet
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Mar 2019 19:21
Hey

I happened to have watched a documentary of a chap driving in the navada desert - and give me an idea.

The navada desert is vast with flat landscape and hills on the edges - he seemed to be driving miles and the hill sides on the distance just didnt seem to want to come closer to him anytime soon.

What i was seeing is that all the objects close to him was rushing by at ten to the dozen - but the landscape didnt want to move at all

I will try and recreate this over the weekend to show what i mean
Tier 1 Developer
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Mar 2019 21:49
Ill stop procrastinating too much and get on with stuff on my own now..

Good luck folks.
Tier 1 Developer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:45:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:45:44