Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Fooling around with a crazy idea ;)

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2018 07:31 Edited at: 25th Aug 2018 17:07
Got a silly idea for a game 3 Days ago so i started to make the editor to test it.
Magic of agk is that its fast to test silly ideas …

puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 24th Aug 2018 10:00
very cool
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 24th Aug 2018 11:24
Looks cool great potential with it
fubar
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2018 16:36
Looks very cool and innovative Cliff. Not seen a single other game that has this perspective going on with this "look" and that's saying a lot considering I check out thousands of hobbyist and Indie games every year!! Very well done. Stands out from the pack!

It's sort of reminiscent of Zaxxon but clearly very different. Be cool to develop another layer and stick it in the background or even just have some distant stars passing by as well as the occasional asteroid and spaceship.
Jambo B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2018 17:44
Why not put a Tetris-style vibe on it? Unsupported blocks drop down if they're at the bottom of the screen, or float up if they're at the top. Four 'special blocks' in a row removes them, or something?

Just a thought!

James
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2018 03:21
Thanks everyone
I must mention that this is only the game editor to create all internal media like maps,tiles and sprites etc..
It dumps out all files the game Engine neads to be a game ….
Not sure wath i will do with it ?
I am constantly tired after iam back at work now so progress will be slow...
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2018 05:20
That's very cool. Didn't realize the ship flying and shooting was also part of the editor. Thought you had switched to running a wip game at that point.

I get it about work. Lately I've been doing more game dev than I have in a long time but today I needed a break. Tomorrow will work more. Jobs are great to keep the bills paid and keep us alive but they are a real pain in the ass taking up way too much of our time.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2018 17:08
New video shows more how the editor is actually built because i started to add in instructions.
But starts to shape up as long as i dont get tired of it

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:34:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:34:38