Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit Version 2018.08.30

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2018 13:56
I've uploaded a new version to Steam and the TGC downloads area with the following changes:

* Fixed SetVideoPosition not doing anything on iOS and Mac
* Added GetSpriteFlippedH/V commands (courtesy of Laurie)
* Updated AdMob consent library to version 1.0.6 on Android and 1.0.3 on iOS which removes the 12 provider limit
* Added DrawParticles command to draw the particles immediately to the back buffer
* Added Draw3DParticles command to draw the 3D particles immediately to the back buffer
* Fixed a crash when loading some 3D model formats on Android due to unaligned memory access
* Fixed ViewFile and ShareImage commands not being able to use raw: file paths
* Added GetSpriteInScreen to return 1 if the sprite is in the visible screen area
* Removed 200fps limit with VSync enabled on Windows for monitors that can go up to 240Hz and beyond
* Fixed objects becoming corrupted on iOS if the device only supports OpenGL ES 2.0 and the object has more than 65535 vertices
* Fixed edit boxes incorrectly using the alternate input box if the view offset is being used
* Fixed alternate input box being too small on high resolution devices
* Screen recording on Android 7 or above will now pause when the app is sent to the background instead of stopping
* Improved performance when opening files from expansion files on Android
* Changed SSL library used on Android and Linux to provide better HTTPS support
* Fixed calling StopSpeaking during a delay on iOS causing future speech to fail
* Added SetClipboardText and GetClipboardText commands on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android
* Fixed local notifications not working on Android 8.0 and above
* Added SetEditBoxInputType command to set the virtual keyboard to numbers only
* Fixed TTF fonts using lots of unicode characters causing a crash with some text sizes
* Added GetEditBoxDepth() and GetSkeleton2DDepth() (courtesy of bengismo)
* Fixed SendHTTPFile not checking for an empty filename string
* Added support for video playback on HTML5

Let me know if you have any problems.
Jerry McGuire
Years of Service
User Offline
GREAT!!!! I had some issues with using fonts in iOS, I'll see if this fixes it. Many useful additional commands. I look forward to trying them out!
iMac Book Pro, MacOS 10.12.4, Xcode 9.0.1;
iPhone 6, iOS 9.35; iPhone 5s, iOS 9.35; iPad (3rd gen), iOS 9.35;

Dell Precision T7400, Windows 7 Professional 64bit, Visual Studio Community 2017;
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2018 17:53
Awesome. Thanks!
Regards Sph!nx
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2018 18:38
Great ! Thanks !
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2018 19:51 Edited at: 30th Aug 2018 19:52
Same bug still exists in this version as in previous version: resources.arsc is missing from Android APK file.

So export to Android does not work.

Let me clarify this better. It will make an APK file, it will download and install on android. It will not run because of the missing file.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2018 20:13 Edited at: 30th Aug 2018 20:13
Quote: "resources.arsc is missing from Android APK file"

Unfortunately I'm not able to replicate this, I exported a test app from the IDE and it installs and runs on an Android device here. It's possible the Android export files have become corrupt, could you try reninstalling the IDE? It could also be that certain export settings are causing it, can you take a screenshot of your export settings before you export?
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2018 20:50 Edited at: 30th Aug 2018 20:51
Awesome, thanks for this update!

Copy and paste to editboxes can now be done with the clipboard commands...woohoo!
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot! much appreciated!
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 31st Aug 2018 01:01
Thankyou for the updates
fubar
Icerion
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for the update!
Maindric
Years of Service
User Offline
Here, you deserve it!
frosty45
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for the edit box fix!
James Patterson
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for sharing. I will definitely try this.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2018 13:25 Edited at: 31st Aug 2018 13:27
Looks like there's a few text edit improvements. Awesome. And thanks for fixing the SSL and notification problems. I haven't tried the new version yet but will do soon.

This sounds like an excellent addition too: GetSpriteInScreen. I can replace my block of code that's checking if the sprite is in view

This is probably the most exciting one though: SetClipboardText and GetClipboardText.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2018 13:41
@Paul, as mentioned in my last comment copying and pasting text is probably the one I'm most excited about. At the moment the users of my app share QR codes that other users can load. Once they scan it, it will connect to a central database and download the relevant settings/configuration the original user created. It's not for a game, but you could look at it as a way to share user generated levels/maps. Copying and pasting means that they can also share the 15 letter ID that's assigned to the QR code instead of scanning. I didn't want people having to type in the code when they couldn't copy and paste as there will likely be typos.

My question now is it possible to introduce a way to share a URL that once clicked would open the app and then download the settings for the level/map? I've asked this before.

An example of the URL might be: https://www.acoolgame.com/?sharedlevelid=A453GTHR124XXFG

So I'd send that via WhatsApp, Facebook, or on a public forum and when someone clicks it, the AppGameKit app will open and the data for the generated level will download and I'll be able to play that level the user created?

I think this is called intents and possibly controlled by the Manifest file but I don't think we can edit that before it's compiled.

Netflix use this when they send emails to you advertising shows you might be interested in. In the email they have a button to add to your watchlist which when pressed the Netflix app opens if installed and it's added to your list if you're signed in.
Captain Ouais
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2018 16:59
Thx Paul
I do what i do !!!
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2018 20:09
I've not tested notifications yet but I can confirm that there's still a problem with GoDaddy SSL certificates that have the domain you want to connect to in the SAN list, and not the main domain name that the SSL is registered too.

For now it's not a problem as I can send the app to the main domain (which isn't app related) and then point to the subdirectories in the hosting account where the app php scripts live.
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2018 20:31
Paul,
uninstalling everything and reinstalling did the trick.
It is working again. Just thought it bizarre that it happened on two different computers.

Thanks for the quick help,
James
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2018 22:06
Excellent update, thank you!

@Paul - is the mobile version going to be updated as well? This would make it easy to start a project on Windows, then copy and paste it into a new program on my iPad.

Rich
zxretrosoft
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2018 19:25
Thank you very much!
I am sorry for poor English
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2018 19:56
Quote: "Added SetClipboardText and GetClipboardText commands on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android"

OMG! this is awesome paul! You guys should setup a way to earn more money from us adding all these great new commands. setup some sort of donation..er something.
frosty45
Years of Service
User Offline
Since edit boxes got depth, I noticed also that edit boxes do not have a setEditBoxX or Y at the moment. Not sure if that is intentional.
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2018 17:53 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2018 17:54
Are those commands really needed when we have SetEditBoxPosition( index, x, y )

If you do just want to set the x value and leave y unchanged you can always just use SetEditBoxPosition( index, x, GetEditBoxY(index) ) - its only one line of code. Those commands could be added easily but i'm not convinced they are needed.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2018 20:54 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2018 20:56
Paul said:
Quote: ""Unfortunately I'm not able to replicate this""

It seems that I can. Maybe.
I have created an APK sent it to my phone by email and installed it. When I choose to run it, nothing happens and when I look for the file to run it again it is nowhere to be found.
frosty45
Years of Service
User Offline
True, they aren't needed with the given set position command that already exists. I just mentioned it because consistency. That's all.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
coder51223
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, Paul

something is wrong

Now mi static 3d models (without animation)
don't show

It doesn't generate an error

but on my PC they show properly but on Android doesn't.

what is different? they should show the same way on both platforms

thanks for reading
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2018 13:45
Quote: "Now mi static 3d models (without animation) don't show"

Can you create a new thread about it and we'll see if we can track it down. Ideally I would need the model and a small example that demonstrates the problem.
coder51223
Years of Service
User Offline
hi paul

new thread:

static 3d models don't show on android

thanks

I'll make a test program
ZorroMZ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 23:10
Any chance that you guys can reconsider adding serial I/O? Many new opportunities!
coder51223
Years of Service
User Offline
hi paul
another strange thing:

sometimes the skybox don't show in my samsung galaxy tab A (android).

it only happens sometimes

most of the times it works right.

thanks for reading
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2018 07:59 Edited at: 17th Sep 2018 08:12
There's still a visual problem in the latest version of AGK. I've not seen it but these are some screenshots from a user testing a beta version of an app. This isn't something I can fix or even reproduce.

I've asked my users to pass on their device details if they experience it (this I suspect is rare). I Will pass on the details when I have them.

What you'll see in these images is that all of the sprites that have images attached to them is showing the wrong images. Where the bins are should be plus buttons the white box to the left of those which I think might be an old font image left in the folder should be minus button. The black circle in top left of one of the images should be a back.button image. The refresh icon at the top right should be a profile icon and the share icon at the top right should be a refresh icon. There's so many problems in each of these screenshots. Pretty much everything is wrong except the text. The alert message shown in one has the black splash screen in the background and it's curropted. The alert window should be white.

The other problem in these screenshots is that the images aren't all in the right place. For example in the third screenshot the 3 buttons: Delete, Manage, and Share should all have images next to them. I certainly didn't use the menu icon for the manage button. The icon I used for that is the messenger type icon that shows multiple users. That is at the top next to the "Filter: All" text. I have an image to show for the filter icon and the messenger type icon that shows multiple users isn't it.

This isn't sloppy programming on my behalf as it looks fine for me and a majority of users.

I've blurred out some text in the attached screenshots to hide the users personal data.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2018 11:20 Edited at: 17th Sep 2018 11:25
To show how screwed up those images in my above post really are I've attached versions showing what they should look like and how they look on my device.

I use a Samsung A5 2017 device.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2018 20:07
Xcode 10 update seems to have broken tier 2 builds, anyone else had same problem?
Base template not working either.

Got to look into it.
Zef
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2018 01:22
This is great ! But now I have to be greedy.
Will a version that supports AR be coming soon?

Thanks
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2018 21:09
linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
clang

This is the error that I get from Xcode on the base template Mac file for AppGameKit tier 1 builds.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2018 01:38
Ideas?????
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Oct 2018 07:18
SetObjectFromMeshVertexes(ObjectID, meshindex, vertexfrom, vertexto)

To be able to set a range of vertex's directly to an object (for example, we may only require say, vertex numbers 101 to 350 to be updated (this maybe a ball object on a huge mesh)...

We only have SetObjectFromMeshMemblock() which requires to update the whole mesh and can be quiet time consuming if we have a mesh that is 100,000,000 in size

This would be a fantastic command

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:09:48
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:09:48