Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Can't remove lights bug

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2018 18:26 Edited at: 30th Aug 2018 20:06
Hi, i have another strange problem, i'm sorry.
I made a large level (it takes all the grid, but only one layer), with many buildings and 5/6 characters (but i have to add other enemies). No scripts, no "zones". I could play it with a good frame rate.
Then i tried to add some lights but the frame rate dropped to 25 fps, so i removed them and i wanted to activate the sun light.
And here comes the problem...
I removed all the lights but when i test the game i have still the lights and 25 fps. I really can't resolve it.
I added a red light for a test after this problem and now i have also a red light bugged...
I removed the sun, i removed lightning, i removed shaders and i also tried to move all light's files (marker, scripts, mesh, texture, ...) in another folder of my pc to make lights crash but they are still alive and i have still 25 fps.

EDIT: I made a test in a small level and there is the bug here too. I noticed that if i move a light it has no problems, but if i remove the light it still remain in its last position and i can't remove it
EDIT 2: I reinstalled all .exe files from black ice mod + other files from the mod but nothing changed

Someone had this problem?
Please help me i'm becoming crazy

P.S: i have FPSC x9 1.20 with Black Ice Mod
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2018 01:00
Carloquiga Ok, try these suggestions and let us know. After making a change to a map/level always save it right away.
When making changes to something like the "lighting" two methods work on updating when doing another test run.
First way is to place a new "light marker" and saving right away, then test run again and see if it changed... if not..
Second method, works best, make changes to your light markers, save it again, open up your "Levelbank/testlevel folder.
Inside your "testlevel" folder delete everything inside it ( don't delete the testlevel folder itself, just everything inside it )
These files are the lightmap files from the "Last" test run. When you do another test run NEW lightmaps are built
and your changes will now show See it's not so much a "bug" your test run is using the "last built" lightmaps over again
until you start a new map.

Also .... you made a LOT of changes there I see. What do you mean by
Quote: "I removed the sun, i removed lightning, i removed shaders"

Did you like "remove" the sunlight settings from the setup.ini ??? Or anything else from the setup.ini ?
Also don't confuse "ambient lighting" for any of this.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Carloquiga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2018 10:11 Edited at: 31st Aug 2018 12:08
Thank you very much, you are my savior I'll try these methods!

Quote: "Also .... you made a LOT of changes there I see. What do you mean by
Quote: "I removed the sun, i removed lightning, i removed shaders"

Did you like "remove" the sunlight settings from the setup.ini ??? Or anything else from the setup.ini ?
Also don't confuse "ambient lighting" for any of this. "

No sorry, i mean that i disabled sunlight from the setup.ini (i wanted to enable it instead of using light markers) and i disabled lightning and shaders from "preferencies" inside FPSC.

EDIT: i tried to add a green light (to recognize it), i saved tested and i had again the old lights, then i removed the green light and now i have still that light.
I also tried to remove all "testlevel" files, then i saved and tested. FPSC created new files but nothing changed.
EDIT 2: Maybe i resolved but i don't know why i had this problem because before FPSC was working fine. I have Black Ice mod, so i have the LightMapper.exe in the FPSC main folder. I renamed it LightMapper_.exe (so it doesn't work) and lights work fine. I don't know how, i don't know why e i don't know what LightMapper.exe does, but now it works.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2018 22:08
Carloquiga Note: always make a backup copy of critical files such as the setup.ini when making lots of changes in case of problems

That being said, deleting all the files "inside" the testlevel folder should have done the trick ? Something else is amiss ?
Now BlackIce Mod uses the "LightMapper.exe" to make compressed light maps while using very little memory. It's a great feature
with BlackIce By disabling it fpsc will use it's own built-in lightmapper which is not as good, it does work but builds larger files sizes.
Remember fpsc crashes when it hits 1.85 Gig's memory during a test/build, but you can go over that with the system memory cap turned off
in the setup.ini ( systemmemorycapoff=1 )
Have you tried this by chance ???? Go back and rename the "LightMapper.exe" to use it properly.
Right click it and check the "compatibility settings" Make sure it's set to run as Administrator and Run Compatibility Mode is set for your version of windows.
Do this for EVERY .exe in your main directory. ( fpsc-game.exe fpsc-Mapeditor.exe FpsCreator.exe and the LightMapper.exe ) This seems to be critical for BlackIce Mod
when using windows 7 & 10 Try that first and let us know ?

Carloquiga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2018 11:35 Edited at: 1st Sep 2018 11:37
Quote: "Carloquiga Note: always make a backup copy of critical files such as the setup.ini when making lots of changes in case of problems "

Yes i know, i have the FPSC folder full of backup files.

Quote: "That being said, deleting all the files "inside" the testlevel folder should have done the trick ? Something else is amiss ? "

I tried to delete all the files inside the "testlevel" folder but the problem still remain. I also restarted FPSC.

Quote: "Remember fpsc crashes when it hits 1.85 Gig's memory during a test/build, but you can go over that with the system memory cap turned off
in the setup.ini ( systemmemorycapoff=1 ) "

Yes i did this with "FPS Creator Setup.exe", the level needs about 3gb ram but i think it's increasing (i don't know if FPSC is still processing old lights or it's just the disabled Lightmapper).
With no Lightmapper.exe the bugged lights disappear and new lights work properly, but i feel like something is still wrong.

Quote: "Right click it and check the "compatibility settings" Make sure it's set to run as Administrator and Run Compatibility Mode is set for your version of windows.
Do this for EVERY .exe in your main directory. ( fpsc-game.exe fpsc-Mapeditor.exe FpsCreator.exe and the LightMapper.exe ) This seems to be critical for BlackIce Mod
when using windows 7 & 10 "

I'll try this but i used FPSC with Black Ice many times before this bug and i didn't this.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2018 13:47
@ Carloquiga
Quote: " i used FPSC with Black Ice many times before this bug "

Ah I see. This just started to happen ? But it is the first time your testing such a large map, correct ?
This seems to be one of those weird problems with fpsc. Have you thought of doing a fresh install ?
Make a backup of this install and make a fresh one ?
Carloquiga
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "it is the first time your testing such a large map, correct ? "

I made other large maps, with many enemies, triggerzones and layers but i didn't take entire grid.

Quote: "Have you thought of doing a fresh install ?
Make a backup of this install and make a fresh one ?"

My FPSC folder is 40Gb It's so easy but i will try...

Anyway, running exe files as administrator didn't work and using the Lightmapper.exe introduced again the bug. I tried to replace it with a fresh one but it didn't work.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2018 20:02
One thing you didn't mention was your .bin cleaner. Do you run the cleaner between tests? It's important. Cleans out .bin & .dbo files between tests when making changes. I just assumed you did?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2018 20:08
If you don't have one, do a search for BIN/DBO Cleaner from Bond1. It's super fast, easy and cleans out all leftover files when testing.
Carloquiga
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you don't have one, do a search for BIN/DBO Cleaner from Bond1. It's super fast, easy and cleans out all leftover files when testing."

Oh yes! I usually remove bin and dbo files but when i try to use the FPSC default cleaner it doesn't work. This cleaner is great instead! I think all work fine now!
I will make some tests tomorrow but i think this was the simply solution.
I'll let you know!
Carloquiga
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes i think all work fine now! Thank you very much, you are great!

P.S., a little off-topic question: I would like to use headshot with Task Force 341 characters (MP 53). How can i do this? Because they have a custom "appear" script and i can't use "appearwithheadshot.fpi". And it's also possibile to make only more damage with headshot, without a one-shoot-kill?
Thanks
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2018 18:34
Carloquiga
Quote: " I would like to use headshot with Task Force 341 characters "

That is a scripting question. Please post this in the scripts forum and you have abetter chance at getting an answer.
Also, as you stated they are custom made scripts, it might not be possible without a total re-write But I'm not to say as I don't have them.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 13:40:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 13:40:34