Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [SOLVED] Is there a way to fetch online video ?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2018 14:34
Hi guys and girls,

just wondering if it is possible at all to use app game kit to fetch online video from urls? or JSON? or something and have it play them in the app?

Thanks

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 12th Sep 2018 17:27 Edited at: 12th Sep 2018 17:28
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Not in Tier 1 but perhaps could in Tier 2 with some free addons - like Media Player Refenence in C++

I tried making a C# Tier 1 Plug In with no success lol but I did a Radio player Tier 1 plug-In via C#, so I know Plug In generation works great
GunnerJnr
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 10:51
Quote: "Not in Tier 1 but perhaps could in Tier 2 with some free addons - like Media Player Refenence in C++

I tried making a C# Tier 1 Plug In with no success lol but I did a Radio player Tier 1 plug-In via C#, so I know Plug In generation works great"

Thanks @puzzler2018 thats what I was afraid of.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2018 19:44
@Gunnerjnr: You totally CAN grab a video file from a URL, save it local and play it in your app using Tier 1. No problem. This is not the same as streaming, but could be what you need. Take a look at the HTTP examples. You can grab any file you like from a URL (even SSL encrypted, or from a password protected folder) and once saved locally, do what you want with it just like any other file... play a video file, create a sprite from an image file, display text from a text file, populate a bunch of variables from some JSON etc. Tier 1 is very capable at communicating with the interwebs once you get the hang of it (you can even set custom headers now!).

GunnerJnr
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2018 09:34
Thanks @CJB

I was actually trying to find a way to integrate the YouTube API, I haven't had a lot of luck yet. From the sound of what you said above though it probably wouldn't be too practical for the user to download and playback every video.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 00:27:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 00:27:57