Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Please help with translation

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2018 10:51 Edited at: 18th Sep 2018 14:56
Have a nice day, friends!

I need a little help, please.

Based on the old template of the board club game ("Dobývání hradu"=>"Conquering the castle"), which I bought sometime in 80' years in Czechoslovakia, I created a game in AGK2.
The game will soon be available FREE for Android.

However, I have rules only in Czech. English I'm talking stupid.

On Google Docs I gave original text in Czech. You can write a translation directly there.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mZxyBaXm_0BOt7vZD9IBruCcFik8OnuIV1DBOcMivo4/edit?usp=sharing

I will be grateful for the translation into English and any other language!
Too much to help me and the others! Thank you so much in advance!

Simply by the translator and fix mistakes. It will take you 5 minutes

--
So you can get an idea of what it looks like.

This is an original Czech board game:

Screenshot:

This is a preview of the gameplay of the beta version of the game:
https://youtu.be/5lSLHrSApxs
I am sorry for poor English
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2018 20:12
Translation done. Though I find the instructions a bit unclear on a few things. It could be lost in translation or the original instructions just weren't entirely clear. I used google translate, which wasn't bad at all, and reworded or reorganized the structure a little to sound more natural to the english language.

I think if I played the game and knew how it actually worked, I could rewrite the rules to sound more concise.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
zxretrosoft
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2018 07:40
Phaelax:
Thank you VERY MUCH !!

Yes, of course, I'm sending you the beta version to PM
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2018 16:03 Edited at: 24th Sep 2018 16:16
Ok, I finally got a chance to play the game and found it extremely irritating. For one thing, you really need a way to unselect a guy. I was constantly getting stuck moving players I didn't want to because I clicked on them by accident. I also suggest a method to zoom in because it was very difficult clicking on those tiny squares.

The other thing is it seems like the enemy can walk on anything it wants and all my moves are always blocked. I can't walk on their grey tiles but they walk right onto mine. I can't walk the length of an entire wall but they can. And maybe this has something to do with the rules of gameplay I couldn't understand.

Ah, I finally won! The AI will *never* walk into a spot where it can be taken. It's too smart!
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
zxretrosoft
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2018 09:11
Thank you so much!!

The rules are actually very simple:
Like a chess rook in the same way, you can only have 1 field from the wall down and the wall up.

AI I'm still improving! Thank you very much!

P. S. Android version is trial. When AI will play better, I'm exporting PC version. Mouse control is much more enjoyable.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:56:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:56:11