Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Question about: Email from Google on Target SDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2018 16:24
Received this from Google:

Quote: "Hello Google Play Developer,

This is a reminder that starting November 1, 2018, updates to apps and games on Google Play will be required to target Android Oreo (API level 26) or higher. After this date, the Play Console will prevent you from submitting new APKs with a targetSdkVersion less than 26.

Configuring your app to target a recent API level ensures that users benefit from significant security and performance improvements, while still allowing your app to run on older Android versions (down to the minSdkVersion).

Action required

Please ensure that your apps are configured to target at least Android 8.0 (API level 26) by November 1, 2018. For technical advice on how to change your app's target API level to meet these requirements, refer to the migration guide."

I'm developing on the latest version of AppGameKit now, but don't know what the targetSDK is? I can set only the MINIMUM SDK in the compiler section.
As a reference, the games I published last year, seem to all target SDK version 22..

What is the target for AppGameKit 2018.08.30? And if not 26, when will that be supported?
Thanks team, much appreciate all you do.
James
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2018 16:57
Since version 2018.06.22 all apps exported for Google will target API 26. Apps exported for Amazon and Ouya still target API 15
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2018 21:00
Awesome Paul!! Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:26:11
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:26:11