Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [SOLVED] Tier 2 - Xcode 10 error on Mac with base template

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2018 21:13 Edited at: 8th Oct 2018 23:09
Has anyone come across an error when trying to build the base Mac template in AppGameKit with Xcode 10 as it seems to have broken the templates.

This is the error:

linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
clang

Been messing with it for a bit but just can't get it working yet and as the base template won't work, all my projects don't either now.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2018 23:09
Screen grab

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2018 01:03
I've reattached your screenshot with a highlighted button, can you press that and select the build that failed, it should have a more detailed description of the error. I haven't upgraded to XCode 10 yet

Attachments

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2018 15:29 Edited at: 10th Oct 2018 12:29
Yes I didn't want to upgrade but wouldn't let me load anything without doing so unfortunately.

Comes up with this.

Ld /Users/paulharthen/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-cvpdftypqvwsdtgwuoqcjfbvsipi/Build/Products/Debug/My\ App\ Name.app/Contents/MacOS/My\ App\ Name normal x86_64 (in target: agk_interpreter)
cd /Users/paulharthen/AGK/Tier2/apps/agk_test
export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.7
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -arch x86_64 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk -L/Users/paulharthen/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-cvpdftypqvwsdtgwuoqcjfbvsipi/Build/Products/Debug -L../../platform/mac/DDHidLib -L../../platform/mac/GLFW -L../../platform/mac/Lib/Debug -L../../platform/mac/Lib/Release -F/Users/paulharthen/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-cvpdftypqvwsdtgwuoqcjfbvsipi/Build/Products/Debug -F../../platform/mac -filelist /Users/paulharthen/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-cvpdftypqvwsdtgwuoqcjfbvsipi/Build/Intermediates.noindex/agkinterpreter.build/Debug/agk_interpreter.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/My\ App\ Name.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -Xlinker -object_path_lto -Xlinker /Users/paulharthen/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-cvpdftypqvwsdtgwuoqcjfbvsipi/Build/Intermediates.noindex/agkinterpreter.build/Debug/agk_interpreter.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/My\ App\ Name_lto.o -Xlinker -no_deduplicate -stdlib=libc++ -fobjc-link-runtime -all_load -framework CoreLocation -framework OpenAL -framework OpenGL -framework CoreFoundation -framework Cocoa -framework Quartz -framework IOKit -framework CoreMedia -framework AVFoundation -lAGKMac -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/paulharthen/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-cvpdftypqvwsdtgwuoqcjfbvsipi/Build/Intermediates.noindex/agkinterpreter.build/Debug/agk_interpreter.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/My\ App\ Name_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/paulharthen/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-cvpdftypqvwsdtgwuoqcjfbvsipi/Build/Products/Debug/My\ App\ Name.app/Contents/MacOS/My\ App\ Name

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L../../platform/mac/Lib/Debug'
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(enable.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(fullscreen.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(glext.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(image.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(init.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(input.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(joystick.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(stream.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(tga.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(thread.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(time.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(window.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(cocoa_enable.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(cocoa_fullscreen.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(cocoa_glext.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(cocoa_init.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(cocoa_joystick.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(cocoa_thread.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(cocoa_time.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (../../platform/mac/Lib/Release/libAGKMac.a(cocoa_window.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"_CGDisplayBestModeForParametersAndRefreshRateWithProperty", referenced from:
__glfwPlatformOpenWindow in libAGKMac.a(cocoa_window.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Changed the target toL

export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.14

and got rid of a load of warnings, still got the main error though.

Attachments

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2018 00:27
Ideas ?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2018 14:14
It looks like Apple may have removed the CGDisplayBestModeForParametersAndRefreshRateWithProperty function in 10.14 which is being used by GLFW. The version of GLFW we are using on Mac is quite old now so I'll have to compile a newer version of GLFW and rewrite some of the Mac routines to upgrade from GLFW 2 to 3.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2018 14:30
Cheers Paul, you know what sort of turnaround this would be?
Just stuck on development projects.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2018 15:38 Edited at: 11th Oct 2018 15:39
Sorry, I can't put a timeframe on it, but you could try installing the Mac 10.13 SDK, XCode 10 itself should be fine, the problem is that it upgraded the Mac SDK at the same time. After it is installed you should be able to select the SDK version in the app build settings.

Also I'd change the deployment target back to a lower value, it is normally 10.7 in AppGameKit apps, otherwise only users running the specified version or above will be able to run your app.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2018 16:01 Edited at: 11th Oct 2018 17:39
Cool, cheers Paul will give it a bash

[EDIT]
Well I have been messing with this and the SDK builds but still no joy, just gives same issue so not sure.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2018 11:29
Any other Mac Tier 2 users had this issue and have done a work around until Paul can update as mentioned above?
Mark Oxley
Years of Service
User Offline
Same issue here. Figured it was a Mojave/Xcode 10 issue and was just waiting for a fix. Fortunately, I'm not currently using AppGameKit for commercial development, just hobby stuff at the moment.
I have noticed that this is not just an AppGameKit issue, I also tried some other game development tools (Cerberus-X, Monkey 2 and Torque2D to name) and they all seem to be having issues since the new OS and Xcode versions.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2018 21:04
Cheers Mark for letting me know. Unfortunately I am stuck as nearly ready to release an app and it's frustrating, can't finish it.
At least I know it's not just me
Superior Interactive
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2018 15:09 Edited at: 16th Oct 2018 15:23
Paul, we also need this update when you have time, please.

We are working on a major software project, but currently stuck with regard to iOS testing.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2018 00:07
Hey Richard,

didn't know you are using AppGameKit
Is it a Repton title? Love that game!
Superior Interactive
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2018 07:49
Quote: "Hey Richard,

didn't know you are using AppGameKit
Is it a Repton title? Love that game!"

Hi Paul,

I am very impressed with AppGameKit. We have already used it for iOS, Android and PC Windows versions of Galaforce Worlds and Galaforce Reinvasion.

Thank you very much for your kind comment about Repton. We are keeping our current major project confidential for the moment, but I can tell you that it is indeed a Repton title for iOS and Android!

I hope everything goes well with your software; I visited your website, and they look like very interesting titles.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2018 09:52
Thanks Richard,

I will check those titles out as always interesting to see what people have done in AGK.
Already looking forward to your Repton title, I am sure it will be awesome like the others Good luck with the development of it!

Sent you a connect on LinkedIn if you want to link up.
Superior Interactive
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2018 16:17
Thank you, Paul. I've accepted your LinkedIn invitation, and added your email address to our mailing list as requested.

Some coders asked how we handled the aliens' movements in Galaforce Worlds, thinking that we may have been using using sine / cosine formulae, etc. Rather than making extensive mathematical calculations in the game code, for speed of play the developer Ian Rees wrote an editor to create and save the alien formations and paths as data points.

The Repton project is progressing very well, thanks. It's all looking very good!
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2018 17:27
Picked up the connect
There are a lot of good projects on your site for me to start looking through, great work.

Downloaded the Galaforce Worlds game on the iPhone earlier and works really well. Good idea with the editor to make the enemy flight paths, I thought it might have been done something like that using data points and maybe by drawing the paths with the mouse and saving the data. Very effective as the enemies are smooth and make for a fast paced game.

The Repton project should be awesome and really looking forward to that!
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2018 00:45
@Paul J

I have been messing with this now for a while and have tried to do a quick fix but nothing seems to work and so Mac Tier 2 development using Xcode is a no go at the minute. Seems others are also having the same problem with projects on hold.

Fingers crossed this is something you can put forward for a quicker fix at your end with it being a project killer.

Thanks.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2018 14:36
This is fixed for the next version
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2018 20:07
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Ah, great news Paul, look forward to the new release.
Superior Interactive
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2018 22:20
Thank you for sorting it out, Paul.
Mark Oxley
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome, Paul. Thanks for getting it sorted.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 09:32:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 09:32:04