Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit Version 2018.10.10

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2018 16:14
I've uploaded a new version to Steam and the TGC downloads area with the following changes

* Added GetCharBuffer and GetCharBufferLength to return any text entered on physical keyboards since then command was last called
* Add GetRawJoystickSlider and GetRawJoystickPOV to support additional features on joysticks
* Increased the number of joystick buttons to 64
* Added support for more keyboard keys on Windows and Linux, including left/right shift/ctrl/alt keys and distinguishing between numpad and top row number keys
* Updated the scan code list at https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/scancodes.htm for the new list of keys
* Fixed edit boxes flickering if the edit box width was less than the width of two characters
* Added CopyNetworkMessage command to copy a network message so that it can be resent
* Fixed audio failing to play on some iOS devices after sleeping the device with a magnetic cover
* Fixed some 3DS models failing to load on ARM devices
* Fixed GetPushNotificationToken sometimes returning an empty string on Android, you will now need to call SetPushNotificationKeys for it to work
* Fixed OpenToWrite on Android failing to create the necessary folders on some devices and failing to create the file
* Fixed GetHTTPFile on Android failing to create the necessary folders on some devices and failing to create the file
* Changed GetInternetState on iOS to better detect the lack of network connectivity
* Fixed sounds on iOS sometimes failing to play if the app is sent to the background and then resumed
* Fixed installing new versions of AppGameKit over old versions on Windows causing APK export errors
* Fixed GetDeviceID on Android sometimes returning an empty string
* Added the option to add a URL scheme during Android and iOS export, so that the exported app can be opened by a browser link
* Added GetURLSchemeText to return the URL used to open the app on Android and iOS, if any
* Fixed APK export sometimes not parsing the Firebase JSON file correct
* Fixed GetHTTPFile failing to save the file if SetFolder is used whilst it is running
* Changed sprite and text scissors to allow one dimension to be 0 in size and still be a valid scissor

Let me know if you have any problems
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 10th Oct 2018 16:38
thanks Paul
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 10th Oct 2018 17:18
Thanks Paul
fubar
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot, great! much appreciated.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2018 18:35
Good stuff!
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
MyHappyConding
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Paul,

all FBX DAE 3DS models failing to load on ARM devices (APK and HTML)

I tried with and without animation (LoadObject and LoadObjectWithChildren) on my Honor View 10 (Android 8.0.0)

On WIndows-PC (Windows 10 64Bit) ist works fine.
But with AppGameKit Player and as APK file, there are no Objects.

All other Objects created with AppGameKit (CreateObjectBox, etc.) works fine.

Thank you Paul.

DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Paul.. downlading now...
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2018 17:40 Edited at: 15th Oct 2018 18:21
Thank you!
The network debug helps me a lot.

BTW: I think assimp is broken somehow.
Do you know what's going on? :

This is what I put in:

FBX, with one single frame of animation. All objects in scene are rigged.

This is what AGK's LoadObjectWithChildren gives me:

Children list seems okay, aswell as the animation list

The Code to debug object information:

my test fbx fbx is also attached.

[/url]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ranietz
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2018 10:57
Thanks for the update Paul. Especially the added support for more keyboard keys.

The new left/right shift/ctrl/Alt doesn't seem to work with GetRawLastKey() on my Linux Mint PC though. It still reports 16,17 or 18 instead of the new 257,258 etc...
GetRawKeyState() works with the new keys but not GetRawLastKey(). Is this intentional or a bug?
Jokko
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure if it is the new update, GetNetworkNextClient() Does not return the client ID#. The clients connect OK and they get a number assigned, but only 0 is returned. GetNetworkFirstClient() Returns an Integer just fine, Anyone else having this problem.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2018 21:57
GetClipboardText() and SetClipboardText() introduced in the August version aren't in the help pages yet. I had to search for the old release post here on the forums to see what the commands were.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2018 13:38 Edited at: 21st Oct 2018 13:42
I wish I tried this before releasing an update today!

GetClipboardText() doesn't work on Android if the text was copied from outside of the app. It does on the Mac.

It only works on Android if you copy text from within the app. Can't think of many reasons for wanting/needing to do that.

The reverse works on Android i.e. you can SetClipboardText() in the app and the paste the text into another app. You just can't paste in the app if the clipboard was set from outside of the AppGameKit app
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2018 22:20
Thanks for the update!
Regards Sph!nx
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Ranietz wrote: "The new left/right shift/ctrl/Alt doesn't seem to work with GetRawLastKey() on my Linux Mint PC though. It still reports 16,17 or 18 instead of the new 257,258 etc...
GetRawKeyState() works with the new keys but not GetRawLastKey(). Is this intentional or a bug?"

To change how that behaves would have broken existing functionality for developers who depend on the original index template. So to keep that and yet detect additional indexes, you can simply check those manually when a/the lower index is triggered (putting such checks in a function is easiest). Since index '18' is triggered whenever any Alt key is pressed, you can check for '262' when it activates to check for a right press. And if/when you check a series of indexes actively, you can check them in reverse order and bypass the rest to catch one of the new individual indexes first if needed. Example:

Checking all indexes in reverse order with bypass for matching lower indexes:
Ranietz
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2018 22:16
Not changing how the GetRawLastKey() works to avoid breaking older projects makes sense. I didn't think of that. I was just wondering if it was an oversight.
Jerry McGuire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2018 23:56 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2018 00:43
Hi Paul. I reinstalled AppGameKit [after this last update] on my Mac (via Steam) but I'm getting an error message:
Quote: "
Unable to open 'Users/my_name/Documents/App_Development/AGK/AGK_C++_libraries/platform/apple/Source/Social Plugins/GoogleMobileAds.framework/Headers/GADExtras.h' for writing. Not a directory.
"

I have checked the location and indeed, instead of a directory called Headers there is a file called Headers. When I open this Headers file (has no extension) with TextEdit it appears blank.
What should I do?
iMac Book Pro, MacOS 10.14, Xcode 9.4.1;
iPhone 6, iOS 12; iPad (3rd gen), iOS 9.35; iPad Pro 12'9 (2nd gen), iOS 12.

Dell Precision T7400, Windows 7 Professional 64bit, Visual Studio Community 2017;
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2018 07:12
I think we need a way to clear GetURLSchemeText. The text returned by this function remains in memory each time the app is resumed. The only way to clear it is by completely closing and restarting it.

Why is this a problem? Your code that acts on that text is likely to action it over and over again.
Jerry McGuire
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm just installing the latest version. I haven't tried building my app with it. Should I ignore this error when installing and carry on? Let me see if that's possible.

Dell Precision T7400, Windows 7 Professional 64bit, Visual Studio Community 2017;
Jerry McGuire
Years of Service
User Offline
Found a fix. I made a copy of my old C++ libraries folder and erased the original so that the new C++ libraries would be installed on an empty folder.
Installing the C++ files this way presented no errors
There are many warning messages when I compile the template, but I'll put that in a new thread since it has nothing to do with the installation.
Cheers!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 08:33:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 08:33:48