Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Missing Weapons

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. I'm using FPSC verssion 20 with Black Ice mod. If I put in my player marker I only get a small list of weapons, mainly from nomadmod. How do I get hold of all the other weapons on my machine which I've previously used with no problems at all??? . (I'm 81. so may be doing something stupid). Please help -all I'm trying to do is get that long list of weapons you always used to get in the past - I just want to give my player a sword, but there aint one on the list.
Grandpa Mike
Old guy in a modern world
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2018 12:47
Grandpamike Hi, nice to see you again
Quote: " How do I get hold of all the other weapons "

Where you downloaded BlackIce mod are also the links for all the model packs that have been released for free.
http://www.blackicemod.org/download.html At the bottom right is a list of what all the packs contain.
I do know pack #5 has weapons, can't remember what the others have.
But the good ones are from Errant AI website https://eaimedia.com/ They cost very little, but the quality is very good.
A little searching on the website "search" tool also yields some good results for weapons leftover here & there.

Note: since going open source & free, fpsclassic packs no longer come with an installer. You will have to manually drag&drop
the files into the correct folders Hope that helps some, ask if you need any help
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Grandpamike
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks -- but I think I didn't put things clearly: I have all necessary weapons on my PC, but they don't show on the drop-down list when you set the players properties. ("Has weapon?"]. It just shows a few from WW11, some sci-fi and a lot from nomadmod. There always used to be a long list with the medieval and fantasy pack weapons, etc.,etc.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2018 13:46
Grandpamike
Quote: " they don't show on the drop-down list "

I understand now. Oh boy, that problem has not come-up before. I'm pretty sure that is a hard-coded thing
I do know this... if I make any "changes" to my gun list ( add or take-away weapons ) the changes Do-Not show up until I make a complete restart of the program.
And run my cleaner (.dbo&.bin files) Then the list is up-dated

Just for the sake of it, your weapons are located in folder "files\gamecore\guns\ ***
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor? Yeah, that's where I'm at !
Grandpamike
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks once again. ncmako. I've tried practically everything now. including moving some files from directories it doesn't show to those that it does. No luck there either. Looks as if I now have two options: a complete re-install or concentrating on later eras of warfare. Will probably go for the latter..
Anyway, many thanks for your comments and support. Much appreciated.
Regards, Grandpa Mike

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:59:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:59:56