Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tier 1 -- I'm missing letters when I render a text to the screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I try to just display some text, like this:

And it ends up like this:
Quote: "a defg i l n t z ABCDE GHI L NOP RSTUV Y"

I tried it with various fonts, including the default one. Even for an error, isn't it pretty strange?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2018 21:06
Could you make a mini project that shows the problem (that I can cut and paste into the IDE)?... Happy to test it on my machine, but it looks like you're using render images and such and I don't want to guess at how you have it all set up.
basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried, but then the error suddenly disappeared and I had no clue why.

However, I had a function which I used for a simple loading screen. I found out that if I set the text to be invisible at the end of the function, the text would work fine later.

No clue why this even work but it does!

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2018 21:42
Haha! That's really strange. Good job on finding a work-around! I'd like to do a lot more with text. Do we have access to the default text render shader, or even set new shaders for text?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 20:14:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 20:14:19