Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Action is changing camera view, but angle/pos remains unchanged...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2018 19:28 Edited at: 27th Oct 2018 19:31
When I do a certain action my camera view changes. But... it does not change the pos or angle of the camera. It does not change the position of the ground or the water plane. I have doubled checked through debugger, and these are not impacted.

It seems that somehow the near and far range may be impacted? I have no idea how this is possible. I can only assume its the object that is fixed to a bone causing this. But, I can't figure out why. It only happens with that one object. Other objects that use the same function does not cause this.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing it?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 27th Oct 2018 21:11
Im out of ideas on this one im afraid
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I can't figure it out. The only difference here is the object. The functions are exactly the same as every other time I change equipment. Yet, when I change to the fishing pole, I get a camera change. But there is no change in position or angle!!
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2018 16:04 Edited at: 30th Oct 2018 16:05
Watching the mini-map, and the character actually moves up the beach a bit when you click the fishing icon. Is that what you are talking about? So, if the camera follows the character, and the character jumps to a different location, the camera should follow move, right?

BTW your game looks very interesting, can't wait to play it!
PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
It must be a case of where the CameraLookAt code briefly lost which object ID to track I think. Do you add an additional condition to whenever the camera should follow that briefly becomes untrue and stops it's for a split second?

Anyway, pretty difficult to really say without code. I'd say just the loop where you're changing the camera position / lookat should be sufficient.
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2018 18:02
Weird that the light brown beach/water area gets bigger when fishing begins, too.

You can try commenting out code underneath the fishing action until you track down the area where the problem is happening and maybe that'll help.
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I took me a bit to track down. Never really figured out why the camera changed. Had to make all the fishing separate from the other resource gathering code. I appreciate the responses.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:22:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:22:02