Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [AGK]Legacy , GameGuru PBR / EBE DBO importer toi AGK Mesh Memblock tool

Author
User Banned
Posted: 20th Nov 2018 10:53 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2018 05:09
Well here is the first draft source code so far. Will make it more modular / optimized later. At the moment it's in it's infancy and needs more functionality and organization, so very basic so far. Feel free to do with it what you want. I've commented out the code that generates the memblock files but you can uncomment it. The file can be loaded in other AppGameKit apps. All the texture coords are present, you just need to load/apply the textures in your own programs. Remove any unwanted global vars as you see fit.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others

Attachments

Login to view attachments
nonom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2018 12:48 Edited at: 20th Nov 2018 12:49
Thanks for sharing Lord!
If you can use the code tag would be awesome
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 20th Nov 2018 13:34 Edited at: 20th Nov 2018 13:36
@nonom: ugh, I though I had, woops, will put in tags....
[update-ok had initial tags placed but not the ending tags-oh dear --anyway all updated and I will also add as an attachment file for more convenience]
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Nov 2018 11:53
If anyone has found this useful and needs anything specific , please let me know and If it's possible, will add to the program.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 24th Nov 2018 09:48
So what I will be doing is adding a GUI so the user can select textures/FX files etc (textures need to be in PNG format - does AppGameKit support any other image formats? as I can't recall) and also choose various options such as export as OBJ/.X and any other formats that can be exported fairly easily. The DirectX code will work with animated objects, this will mean adding a lot more DBO embedded codes to grab the required data such as animation and skin weight data and also texturing info such as staging etc which is important when needing to use multi materials and textrung. so a ton of stuff to do rewrite and enhance. Some of my DBO2X code will be implemented and updated where necessary to make it AppGameKit compatible and to enhance and also to speed up dev process so not re-inventing the wheel too much. OBJ export is very easy as is adding the materials/textures that OBJ uses.

Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 26th Nov 2018 21:14 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2018 05:07
Loading in the saved memblocks is straight forward, you all most likely already know how to do this but here is example loading code just in case. And of course, you can load and texture each mesh object as they are loaded in. So, in the case of this example universe.DBO has 440 meshes (0-439 meshmemblocks if you like). There is a plugin that adds limbs and attaches them, which I haven't played around with yet, but will have a look which might save rewriting the wheel again, or writing my own code.
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2018 21:57
Just awesome

[/url]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:23:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:23:41