Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / DarkGamePlayer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 19:13
thedesktops >>> No, not at the moment, I am too busy to get a web-site up. Maybe in a few weeks i can get around to it.

I am mischeivious
RoooooOoooooKoooooKoooooRoooooOoooooKoooooKooooo!
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
I was just think about two things

DarkBasic Console
DarkGamePlayer

Their just a like!!
DarkGamePlayer- is like a Gamecube, because it plays nothing but darkbasic games has ftp features, connect to a server for new game releases, cd-player access(coming soon)

Darkbasic Console- is like an xbox, has extra stuff like connect to a server for multiplayer games, cd rom access, os.

I wouldn't call it a competition, but it's kind of going head to head. what do you think!

I also lied about the release date of version 1.02 of DGP. Here is the link. I went through hell going through the version 1.02. Most of the problems in version 1.01 are gone, but there are more problems to be fixed though. There are also two games included. Stoked and Caverunner. Make sure you follow the instructions include to make DGP work! My other site needs to be worked on. I just don't have the time now.

[href]www.freewebs.com/desktopsoftware/dgpupdate102.rar[/href] Actual file size is 3,521KB.

I ready to accept finished games, demos from people to put on DGP. Just post the download link and screenshots link here.

TheDesktops Software
Current Project: DarkGamePlayer
Attention: DarkBasic Game Devs, you can now post your game on the new DarkGamePlayer
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2003 01:07
yes, they are. I'm sorry I acted like a jerk, and I hope you forgive me. But yes, we can have a competition, but lets keep it friendly. Maybe even give each other a few tips and tricks along the way

Good luck,
Mattman

I am mischeivious
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2003 01:09
Just so you know, it's not conna be a full OS. It's gonna be like an emulator console, if you know what I mean.

I am mischeivious
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
@mattman-

TheDesktops Software
Attention: DarkBasic Game Devs, you can now post your game on the new DarkGamePlayer
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2003 02:23
sorry, I have no clue what you mean

I am mischeivious
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2003 02:39 Edited at: 30th Dec 2003 02:41
Quote: "yes, they are. I'm sorry I acted like a jerk, and I hope you forgive me. But yes, we can have a competition, but lets keep it friendly. Maybe even give each other a few tips and tricks along the way"

People can act foolish sometimes on the forum! I forgive you, i don't know about anyone else. Mattman, if you like I could host a site to you. (http://thedesktops.dbforums.co.uk/mattman). Do you have any games, I would like to add them to the list. Good luck with the DarkBasic Console.

TheDesktops Software
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2003 02:43
No, I have webspace. I am on dbpcommunity also Thanks for the offer though

I am mischeivious
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
i have dbpcommunity also. do you have any games or apps made.

TheDesktops Software
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2003 02:46
None finished. I have many aplpha-staged projects

I am mischeivious
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2003 02:49 Edited at: 30th Dec 2003 02:49
one more question, have you download the updated release(version 1.02) of my app. Also I would like to test your alpha staged projects

TheDesktops Software
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2003 02:52
no I haven't, I might in a little bit

Sorry, they aren't goona be made public for a while. Maybe someday i might...

I am mischeivious
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2003 03:58
Um...just red some of mattman's past posts...I must say matt..your a god damn n00b and you should crawl in a pit and never come out. I hope you improved.

@the desktops: SORRY!!!
Completly forgot about you!!!
This is not like me! Sorry!
I was going to make an official page for GDP on my site to promote it but was very busy as I am moving DBG (my site) to a new location.

Your new download of GDP doesn't seem to work. I tried your version that you emailed me. It worked pretty well once I moved it to C:\ directory. Can I work with you on the GUI and buttons? It would be great if it had some nice apealing GUI to it to make it look proffesional. Any way we will discuss more later...email me. And can you send the nw update of GDP to me (same address as last time) so I can upload it to my servers? Talk to you later.

the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
are you talking about the newest version 1.02 that is messed up or the one i sent to you as email.(1.02)

TheDesktops Software
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
by the way it's DGP, NOT GDP

TheDesktops Software
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2003 17:11
oops yea DGP
I'm talking about the one you emailed me where you fixed the blinking.

mm0zct
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2003 02:19 Edited at: 31st Dec 2003 02:21
doesn't work, may be my pc but when i select the caverunner it doesn't run, the other one gives me a runntime error when i run it, after i have selected the fps and colour depth, doesn't matter what i chose. menus run slow too, they take ages to go from one menu to the next.

i don't mean to be rude, it's suposed to be constructive critisism, this looks like a good project, good luck and again, it may have been all just my pc

http://www.larinar.tk
AMD athlon thoroughbred 2200, 512Mb ram, 40Gb HD, ati saphire radeon 9600 atlantis w/128mb ddr ram, good creative-labs soundcard, cd-rw + dvd drives.
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
it runs fine on mines

TheDesktops Software
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
did you follow the instructions, you were supposed to make a directory called C:\darkgameplayer and put those 2 games there, you can put the darkgameplayer.exe file on your desktop. the fps and cloth depth is the Stoked game, that's not my game, you will have to talk to andrew on that, he should be here somewhere.

TheDesktops Software
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
I see what the problem is to stoked, i didn't include all the files. i also see the that my program is not stable enough yet. i improve that for 1.03 release. sorry about that.

TheDesktops Software
mm0zct
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2004 18:34 Edited at: 7th Jan 2004 18:35
n/p, looks good tho, could you not make the program refer to files in it's dir tho, and just use shortcuts on desktop etc. then it could be placed anywhere. just an idea.

edit: it's just some people like to keep things off c:/ or their c drive is full/cluttered/not a hdd

http://www.larinar.tk
AMD athlon thoroughbred 2200, 512Mb ram, 40Gb HD, ati saphire radeon 9600 atlantis w/128mb ddr ram, good creative-labs soundcard, cd-rw + dvd drives.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 04:47:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 04:47:39