Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Get indexdata equivalent in AGK ?

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2018 09:12
Hi there .
Is there any equivalent command in Appgamekit as the get indexdata of Dbpro ? . In Dbpro it was easy to parse an .x o .Obj exporter .

Cheers.
I'm not a grumpy grandpa
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 8th Dec 2018 11:26
Hi

I did an OBJ importer for AppGameKit on my mesh memblock thread

Function looking for here is LoadObjectIntoMesh which will interrogate the OBj file for vertices etc

Attachments

Login to view attachments
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2018 12:42 Edited at: 8th Dec 2018 19:59
Hi puzzler2018 . I had seen your function but I'm not good at math . My purpose of saving to Obj is because Appgamekit already loads this 3D format. But we need somehow to guess vertex index . I can do this manually but I need to automatize the process with this information that Dbpro already has long ago .

I made an exaple of Obj Exporter and it work ok with boxes primitive ( this primitive is easy to get vertex as we just need to find out 24 data) but it just give a single colour to each box and not textures. I made long ago in Dbpro exporters for .Obj and .x this last with animation .

Here's my first attemp in AppGameKit . I hope someone can find it useful .

Cheers.
I'm not a grumpy grandpa
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2018 13:07
@puzzler2018
I'm trying to test your funtion with one of my Obj, and I get an error ...

Quote: "error:vertex array must contain at least 3 vertices n main.agc at line 561
" id = CreateObjectFromMeshMemblock(memblock) "
"

Any idea ?
I'm not a grumpy grandpa

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 20:08:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 20:08:13