Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Animated Parallax Mapping (Comparisons pics and project included)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2018 00:21 Edited at: 14th Dec 2018 00:36
Here is my parallax mapping for animated characters. The VS file needs to be updated with current bones.

If anyone has any suggestions for improvement I am all ears. It works great for this model, but on a model I made and textured the model is a little too dark. But, that might be because I model/texture as well as a fat kid avoids cake. Or it might be because I haven't got the TBN matrix correct.

No Mapping/ Diffuse Only:

Parallax Mapping:

normal mapping:

edit: To make it less waxy change this line:
(might be a good idea to make this a uniform and insert a value here per model)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2018 02:48 Edited at: 14th Dec 2018 02:56
I've found another odd mistake with my own model. There are no mistakes with the "baked" animations. But there is a mistake with an animation I control from AGK.

When I cast my fishing line out I control the fishing pole bones through AGK. With no shader it works fine. But with the shader, the rotation is waaaaay off. Does anyone have any ideas why this would be? I am not controlling any bones with the shader. Just the lighting.

edit: Wow.. Another dumb move. Its because its needs its own shader, since it has a different number of bones.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2018 03:31
Some very nice specular there

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:51:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:51:47