Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2018 19:30
Hi,
repost this question, the first one anyone answer me.

this question is for developer of AppGameKit

I ask if in future AppGameKit will can export for console , in particular my interest is for Nintendo switch.

this is possible ? or it's not in your roadmap ?

thank you
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2018 15:27
I'm not sure what advantage it would have.

The exports supported are all quite simple to use (android apks are just a zip file). However for consoles tpu would need a developer kit and account to even start development, and thats mega bucks and, as I understand it, not straight forward.

What about exporting to HTML?
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2018 16:13
Santman is right, consoles are "walled gardens", you need to buy your way in and your content must meet the approval standards, it's certainly not straight forward.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2018 17:33
You could use AppGameKit for Nintendo Switch, but you have to create your game first. Then you present it to Nintendo, than you can buy a DevKit and SDK from Nintendo, and then, you could compile your code for that. The SDK is written in C++

So if you want to use AppGameKit for the Nintendo Switch, I guess, the easiest way would be, to use the Visual Studio and AppGameKit Tier 2 C++ / C# create your game and after maybe a year or two, you finish your beautiful game and present it to Nintendo.

Mostly Nintendo is looking for games, that are on other platforms before. Like "Hollow Knight", "Shovel Knight", they are on WiiU or Steam before. Or some are have success on Android before. There are only very few, that are only on Switch from the "Indies". And one is e.g. "Snipper Clips".
And that also took a while to make.

You could thing about the following:
- create your game Prototype with AppGameKit, Assets, Sounds, Graphics, gameplay and so on. You will have something like Level-Data and so on.
- You could put your game on Steam, GOG, Android, Microsoft XBox UWP before
- Show your game to Nintendo, and then you could convert your core maybe to AppGameKit C++, or if absolutly needed, to Unity or Unreal or Game Maker Studio. But! All of the other Engines are not cheap. They will cost you a fee.

Celeste is made with ...
http://celestegame.tumblr.com/tools

FMOD e.g. would cost you also money. And they said, that they made there Prototype with "Pico-8" before.

And they used XNA and MonoGame before, I guess, for "Tower Fall" for the OUYA platform. AppGameKit can export easily to the OUYA. Best for trying out your game first. And! There are working 5 people for Celeste. So keep your first idea simple.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2018 17:40 Edited at: 24th Dec 2018 17:41
Without a DevKit from Nintendo, you could try that, but it could not work with the new firmware update. But if you get the SDK from Nintendo, to compile your source, you could create a "Mini-Browser" with WebKit and you would create a WebKit-interface to the Nintendo Switch specific values and so on.

First register here
https://developer.nintendo.com/

You could create your game for the Nintendo 3DS or WiiU, but you also would need a DevKit for not cheap.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:09:43
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:09:43