Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / [SOLVED] text on top of boxes/lines

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2019 13:56
super new to agk. Trying to migrate over from dbpro . I seem to be having some trouble drawing text on top of boxes and lines. the text draws to the screen and the depth is supposed to bring it to the front. there seems to be no specific draw command to call it at a specific time agk treats it as some kind of object. i like to generate gradient buttons and menus at the launch of a program then i make sprites from them, it keeps download size to a minimum and saves lots of phone space plus they are made on the resolution they will be running on.
A child's dream never dies.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2019 16:59
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.

Adding the call to render forces the lines to be drawn and so the text appears above it.

Also...the drawbox function will do what you want more quickly and simply

I wouldnt bother sleeping in the main loop either....let SetVSync() or SetSyncRate() so that a frame rate is maintained and automatic sleeping occurs
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2019 22:57
thank you bengismo. ill have to look up that command and see exactly how it works. i am familiar with the box metjod as well i just prefer lines because i have more controll of gradient and shading inner outer shadowing ect.
A child's dream never dies.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 09:33:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 09:33:33