Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / DBC and "window shade" effect (Possible??)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,
No one answered my question about wipes and memblocks, so I'll try another thought pattern. In my program, I know how to replace bitmap 1 (shown first) with bitmap 2, but how can I make bitmap 2 (which is the same size as bitmap 1) scroll down like a window shade, displaying bitmap 1 then with a little time delay scroll back up displaying bitmap 2?

Thanks, dsmith
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2019 05:41 Edited at: 29th Jan 2019 15:27
Hi Donald,

In your previous question, i demonstrated how to do a wipe using DBC commands. What you are talking about above, isn't much different. You can actually use images to pull this off.
Though the code doesn't actually scroll one of the screens like a window shade (i'll let you figure out that detail) , it does create an image out of bitmap 2 and then rotate it around the main grid of bitmap 0. Bitmap 0 is replaced by bitmap 1 each iteration so the swirling image never seems to overwrite the grid.

Enjoy your day.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:37:27
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:37:27