Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / something really weird happen

Author
User Banned
Posted: 1st Feb 2019 01:28
I opened up AppGameKit and all my data was gone...
all recent projects are cleared... the ide went back to its default color scheme...
hmmm.... why has this happened?
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 1st Feb 2019 10:38
That is very annoying . I thought I'd lost all mine a few weeks ago - till I realised I had a duplicate folder name and was looking at the wrong one in the editor .
Green Gandalf of the TGC forums aka Scorpius of the Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox forums.
Shader developer for Evochron Legacy produced by StarWraith 3D Games.
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2019 12:50
Windows 10 update, which is supposed to leave all your docs in peace but I recall one update that did something like this?
Could also be a faulty disk or accidental move.

First try a search for a particular file name you can remember, if none found then can try either windows System Restore and/or an Undelete tool.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Feb 2019 06:15
all the projects are on the drive every data is ok. but the IDE got screwed up.
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2019 09:31
Weird. I heard there were some problems with a previous updated of AppGameKit, which should now be fixed. I've updated and no issues.
Are you saving your projects directly in C: or on another drive/partition? I myself usually put them on the D: drive for C: might have some restrictions under Windows 10(if that's what you are using too) and also if anything goes wrong with the OS much easier to restore all files.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 4th Feb 2019 00:09
yeah same here they are in different drive and backed up on another drive just for being sure.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 4th Feb 2019 00:11
another weird thing that happened that day is that the drive C was completely full with no capacity left in it... i had to delete old downloads since it got to 70 free MB ... usually, it has about 2 - 3 GB Free...
it might not be an AppGameKit thing but it definitely affected AGK.
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2019 11:45 Edited at: 4th Feb 2019 11:50
2-3GB is a bit tight.

It could be:
- Windows update running in background( they now claim extra 7GB's I believe for updating to go smoothly): check in taskmngr?
- Disk failure: SSD or HDD? did you run a check?
- A virus: did you recently install/download any software / run antivirus check?

*)I must say two weeks ago my D: hard drive suddenly was getting low on space and now has 28GB free again, so that's also rather odd.
When I checked there are now less System Restore points to revert to. Perhaps it was eating up exces space?
Or could be a cloud service, syncing gone bad. Still very odd.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2019 17:36
For the main OS drive, run disk cleanup as administrator and check the box to remove old update files. It's usually good for freeing up a good 20GB on windows 10 if it hasn't been done in a while.

Windirstat is great for seeing where your space is going, again run as admin so it can read system folders
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:24:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:24:53