Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Why suddenly so many wip projects in this thread ?

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2019 14:11
I have lately noticed that there is more and more showcase samples and projects posted in this section?
Why when we have a section for it?

When you post something in the chat about core agk api and other things so do you now more or less have to scroll thru a bunch of game projects over here?

The problem is that if everyone starts to post there projects here so will it sooner or later break the entire structure of the forum.
I understand if we ask things about our projects but entire projects ???????

Its weird because the admins used to move things over pretty fast before?
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Feb 2019 14:17
To me the Showcase is the one where its a final project that is ready to be deployed out to the world - Google Play apps etc

If anyone posts in this section - then its just in development

Your query makes a lot of sense, and if we need to change the way we do things - then TGC please let us know and im sure we all would consider this straight away

Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
I think the difference is those are shared community projects in this forum open to discussion? So people can learn from them or pick up new tricks.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2019 17:01
There is no AppGameKit WIP board, my impression was Showcase was for finished or mostly finished projects. That leaves AppGameKit general chat as the most appropriate place for early WIP threads under the current structure.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:19:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:19:32