Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [BUG] Compound shape size values are half the size of the required shape

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2019 01:38
Compound shape size values are half the actual size of the shape.
Run the following code. Click to shoot the ball. You will see there's an invisible halo around the shapes. This is because the hit shape sizes match the size of the 3D shape.
If you change the line;

scale=SCALE_1
to
scale=SCALE_HALF

This will half the size values and it will work as expected.

Note that this applies ONLY to the size values. The position and rotation values are correct

I can see that fixing this would create problems for those apps that already take this into account but i think that a note in the documentation would help out a lot

Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2019 22:47
Is this the same as the difference between usage of radius and diameter, used across different commands inconsequently?

Like:
CreateObjectSphere( objID, diameter#, rows#, columns# )

Opposed to:
ObjectSphereSlide(0, oldPlayerX#, oldPlayerY#, oldPlayerZ#, newPlayerX#, newPlayerY#, newPlayerZ#, radius#)

Looks like a mixture of systems that weren't uniformly implemented. Perhaps was easier to not adapt the originals.
Or.. there is a special reason for it to be like this of which we don't know about.

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2019 22:52
No, i don't think so.
Although it doesn't show it in the example, the position vector values are ok (i.e 1:1). It is only the size values that are halved.
Also it is only related to compound shapes. Regular shape sizes are 1:1
Which is what makes it such a frustrating issue when you are trying to figure it out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:57:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:57:57