Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / eXtends : DarkBASIC Professional print/text/center emulation

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2019 22:11
Hello.

I found that the Text system, is really interesting... But I like the old Basic styles with "Set Cursor", "Ink", "Print", "Center Text" or "Text".
So, I decided to emulate all these (and more ) on AppGameKit.
I highly inspired from DarkBASIC Professional's print commands.

The main challenge was not to optimise the system to reduce cpu consumption because for this I use a "stack" system I've created that stores all emulated commands in a dynamic list and then, execute them all at once checking to avoid multiple "SetTextfont" or "SetTextColor" calls. It do the minimum, to render the requested texts.
the main challenge was to be able to handle a multi-lines print command to write long texts like they should be.

Here is a small demonstration of this :

Do you think I should makes an "ofiicial eXtends WIP " thread ?

Regards,
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 6th Feb 2019 22:41
Awesome work Freddix... Emulation is always a good thing to see develop.

I have done many bogus emulators in the past with AppGameKit Tier 1 - I see something here

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 10:26:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 10:26:05