Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / after eXtends portage, what will come next ?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2019 19:27
I will no more maintain suspens
I will try to port my old 2DPluginKIT for DarkBASIC Professional to AppGameKit

For those that did never heard of 2DPluginKIT, here is an overview that was available during 2012 on the TheGameCreators website
web.archive.org link : http://web.archive.org/web/20110810012512/http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2076

Regards,
Freddix
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 11th Feb 2019 20:17
Keep up the great Work

Key Features

1. Tile System:
The 2D Plugin Kit allows users to create 2D tiles for game mapping, using layers. The tiles can be of various sizes, and include an additional collision and normal mapping image for 2D lighting.
2. Layer System:
Layers are planes of tiles allowing simplified development of large game areas. Layers are generally larger than the game display mode and can be scrolled in all directions. Furthermore, layers are independent of one another, allowing parallax scrolling effects and the flexibility to apply other effects.
3. Lighting System:
F2L is a fake lighting system that simulates lights within 2D environments. The system can use the collision image data from tiles to cast shadows over the environment, and use the normal mapping image to create even more realistic results. All lighting effects are pre-calculated to ensure optimised frame rates in-game.
4. Particle System:
The 2D Plugin Kit has a proprietary particle system. The particle sets are similar to the ones available in the eXtends plug-in but applicable to 2D scenes. You can easily create flames, firewalls, fireballs, smoke, rains, snow, sparkles, energy fields and many other particle-based effects.
5. DBAL Animation System:
An easy-to-implement animation system, allowing the use of animated tiles and sprites. Many interesting results can be achieved quickly and efficiently.
6. eXtends compatibility:
For owners of the eXtends plug-in, the commands have been made compatible with the image and sprite dynamic creation commands. Thus, if eXtends is detected when running the program, the 2D Plugin Kit will use the more sophisticated image, memblock, sprite and bitmap functionality from eXtends in favour of its own.

Quote: "3. Lighting System:
F2L is a fake lighting system that simulates lights within 2D environments. The system can use the collision image data from tiles to cast shadows over the environment, and use the normal mapping image to create even more realistic results. All lighting effects are pre-calculated to ensure optimised frame rates in-game."

Ide like to see this mostly
fubar
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2019 20:47
Here is a small record I've just done that show you 2DPluginKIT demonstration running on DarkBASIC Professional (Windows 7).
Recorded using ShareX.
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 11th Feb 2019 20:57
Dammm thats really clever - I see lots of Data information there, which reminds me.

When i was younger on the Spectrum - I tried to do my first game. Programming away and one time i hit Run and wow an image of Jetpac seemed to have occured.

I went running to people that was proud of me and even more so proud that I learnt how to program.

Until I restarted the spectrum and run the program again (BLANK)
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2019 21:01 Edited at: 11th Feb 2019 21:03
heh

Here is another video of a Shoot'em'up demonstration I created under DarkBASIC Professional & 2DPluginKIT

I plan to port all these demonstration too

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:35:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:35:28