Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Impressions on my new hud ?

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2019 12:54
Got alot of feedback in the indi game promo fb group this weekend and made some updates.

New hud and android button layout for next update.

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2019 13:47 Edited at: 12th Feb 2019 13:49
Looks nice, but what's the 3 icons at the top right? Lives?

Not played it obviously but it looks like a pointer to show which way you're facing in the mini map top left might be useful.

Does the coin box grow as you get more money is 4 digits the max? Maybe a little extra space on the left like you have in the other two boxes below it
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2019 17:32
That font has to go, but other than that looks good. Maybe add a frame around the map in the same style as the rest of the hud.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2019 23:42
Looks very good.
Couple nit picky things;
1. Whats the blue/red line (First pic)?
2. I would make the weapons only show the image and when you shoot or pickup it would scroll up to show the numbers for a little while and then scroll down
3. Maybe iconify the hostages

Attachments

Login to view attachments
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 13th Feb 2019 01:09
it looks really good. but you what I have in mind
in the bottom weapons menu
I think you should consider the following changes and I say it because I found with my audience that a bit of alpha can never hurt, yes I know when you add some alpha to a sprite it is GPU consuming however it looks much better and since you have at this current stage only 7 weapons slots I don't think any android even the lowest will mind.

ok
(please try it, I think the game will benefit from it while still keeping the old school look with a bit of edge of 2000+)
so the weapons slots should, in my opinion, be transparent just the grey area behind the weapons pictures.
so you would see a bit of the floor.
when you select a weapon than that slot and that slot alone should not be as much transparent as the others so the player will automatically know what weapon he is currently using and yeah I know its silly cause... he is like holding the weapon... you can't go wrong.. but still it will make this weapon even awesomer is there a word? Awesomer ? haha

(please give it a go, I found that adding alpha to stuff really makes my clients happy )
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 13th Feb 2019 01:10
you know what having another look, dude. make the entire hud a bit transparent (trust me) maybe just leave the icons as they are but the slots they are sitting in should be transparent. like just downgrading from 255 alpha to 200 will make a huge difference.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2019 09:23 Edited at: 13th Feb 2019 09:23
kevin cross-
Looks nice, but what's the 3 icons at the top right? Lives? = Thats 1 skull kill all enemies,1 skull all prisoners,1 skull all gold.

Not played it obviously but it looks like a pointer to show which way you're facing in the mini map top left might be useful. = In the next update with some more things on the mini map.

Does the coin box grow as you get more money is 4 digits the max? Maybe a little extra space on the left like you have in the other two boxes below it = Thats not final as iam testing how large or small the font can be down to a 3.5 inch screen.
And not cover to much.

santaman
That font has to go, but other than that looks good. Maybe add a frame around the map in the same style as the rest of the hud.
The font is loved by to many already and crisp clear down to 3.5 inch screens so have to think about that.
Thats easy as all minimap images are done in the mapper when you savemaps

sliding hud could be cool and will do some tests.

Blinkok

Blue is armour
red is health and easy to see fast while playing.
Iconify the hostages is a cool idea that i had in the beginning but never implemented.

Haliop

I have to many that like the solid hud so i have to think about it

I have a few days of alot of work so will not be on the forums so much.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 13th Feb 2019 09:40 Edited at: 13th Feb 2019 09:41
I loved the whole Appeal of it having played I still found somethings took some getting used to

I thought the map took some getting used to, but it did help heaps as I had no idea where I was
allot of the time lol that's just me in 3D worlds. but I will say when you look for aesthetic appeal
the map looks a little out of place a bit kinda like an after thought. Useful none the less, but a
frame around its edge just might fix the aesthetics of the map. Direction indicators are also nice
with huds/maps but the scale of the map/hud doesn't really allow for a simple triangle even. So
I don't really think its necessary

The first few missions i was a little unsure of what i was doing and about opening the secret panels
etc but i found by searching along the walls i got through level after level. No need to change that but
I just like to jump in and learn so if it was mentioned in the help i ignored it lol

oh yes the colours of the map represent the door colours something i learned after playing lol more
of me jumping in and not reading help files

But a great polished game and I wish you well with it
fubar
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2019 12:08 Edited at: 13th Feb 2019 12:10
Thanks fubpark
I are in a state that i have to sort all input as i get alot right now from differrent places.

But this is a bit what i had the time to do before work together with bug smashing.
i constantly find bugs now when it have growed so much..
Iam thinking about keeping the black border on the minimap cursor for the mobiles sake?
And yes the prisoner heads are my art skills having a crack at it

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:32:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:32:42