Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / MY AppGameKitStudio 0.42 tests

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 12th Feb 2019 19:28
So far so good

Unsupported commands
GetWindowWidth()
GetWindowHeight()

AGK Studio 0.42 KrazyGrandPrix

Source can be downloaded here http://users.tpg.com.au/subarpk/KrazyGrandPrix.zip
replace GetWindowHeight() with GetDeviceHeight() and GetWindowWidth() with GetDeviceWidth()

AGK Studio 0.42 CarnivalGames

Source available by request

BlockLifter 3D also tested well both with and without shaders enabled
Source Available in the AppGameKit games pack1

It seems to me to be working very well I have also tested and still testing many of my other applications created
and so far so good.

Please NoteI am testing on a 64 bit windows 10 machine, so there may or may not be difference for apple users
I also haven't tested on mobile but plan to soon.

Thanks TGC for the chance to test AppGameKit Studio 0.42, I am happy with my findings as so far all programs tested have
worked.

fubar
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2019 19:56 Edited at: 12th Feb 2019 20:14
I ran my project with the same version. FPS took a significant hit. Using Nvidia GPU.

AGK

AGK-S

Sometimes with Studio I would dip under 60, whereas, with AppGameKit I would hit 90-100, and never below 75.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2019 20:28
Quote: "I ran my project with the same version. FPS took a significant hit. Using Nvidia GPU."

Quite interesting and great that you have screenshots,

I haven't noticed any frame rate changes yet but I guess it would depend on the program tested and the persons hardware
But currently testing further, there was many comments about different hardware https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/223741
we will just have to wait and see what other peoples findings are Thanks for your input

fubar
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2019 20:37
Guys, can you please post issues into the GitHub issues tracker as directed in the email?
Development Director
TGC Team
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2019 20:50
Sorry RickV
Thought that was only bugs as i havent found any thought that would be ok

you may remove the thread if you want sorry again
fubar
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 12th Feb 2019 20:54
We all make frantic mistakes due to exitements.

For example..

RockStar Games - their employees must sign a disclousure agreement contract - if anyone ever says anything to the outside world about their up and coming games that are in production - they are immediately dismissed no questions asked...and the game is changed upon anyone sharing that info about the games

Tier 1 Developer
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 12th Feb 2019 21:01
Thank you though Fubarpk for been a tester..im sure you will grind it to the ground...

Tier 1 Developer
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2019 21:05
Quote: "Thank you though Fubarpk for been a tester..im sure you will grind it to the ground.."

Sure will try

Cant really notice much difference yet I set the sync rate to (0,0) in KrazyGrandPrix and my tests it sits on about 1200 fps
on both AppGameKit classic and AppGameKit studio. Too fast to do much but watch the other cars overtake me but thought it was nice to
know it is working. Anyway I have a GitHub account now so it should be easy enough to report bugs, not that ive found any
yet
fubar
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 12th Feb 2019 21:08
Shhhh Keep your reports to Github and let TGC full fill stuff properly

lol

Bless ya!

Tier 1 Developer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 18:52:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 18:52:14