Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / Changed mobo/CPU/RAM, can i re-activate windows?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My motherboard died on my computer so I had to replace it. I booted into my old OS (I plan to format it) and noticed that Windows 10 was no longer activated. I used a Windows 7 key years ago to upgrade to a digital license and can't for the life of me remember if I assigned it to my Microsoft account. I tried signing into my Microsoft account and it would only detect my laptop which has a different Windows 10 license. Am I screwed or is there a way to recover my Windows 10 digital license? I have the Windows 7 disc and key still lying around here somewhere, would that work when I reinstall my OS and input that key?

Kakise
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2019 07:40
If you have linked your windows 10 license to your microsoft account, you can use this link to solve your issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change
PCG Lover
Using AppGameKit Tier 1&2

My creations:

[Tier 1 PLUGIN] Wave Function Collapse for Tier 1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:33:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:33:14