Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / "Original_Soldier.X" 3d model - list of all anim poses available somewhere?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2019 10:41 Edited at: 24th Feb 2019 10:43
Hi guys,

Perhaps I've overlooked something/somewhere, but was doing a bit of a mod to the 3D Camera demo to test out some basic things such as texturing, water, sound and animation.

Now I want to add a few more poses, such as crouch, walk, swim etc, but as the model has quite a few poses in it's animation set.

I was wondering if there's a list available of all the poses the "Original_Soldier.X" 3d model has?

You know, this friendly little fellow:

It's possible to work them out with a viewer I guess, but if already available would save me(and possibly others), tons of work and I of course don't want to re-invent the wheel sort of speak.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 24th Feb 2019 13:26
do you have the asset viewer rick, if so that lists them and you can step through them one at a time
fubar
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2019 15:56 Edited at: 24th Feb 2019 15:59
Yeah, I have the 3D Model Viewer, but it's not like it's listing all the individual animation poses separately and it is quite lengthy too.
Has 6040 frames to be precise.

I know couple of them already of course. From examples I was able to deduct some.

Poses I know sofar:

puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 24th Feb 2019 16:15 Edited at: 24th Feb 2019 16:15
NIce.. Can we use that model for our apps? to use commercially too at all or just for fun?

has Fubarpk stated that check out the Assets library - is this in one of teh Assets bundles? - of which many of us dont / havent purchased.. So probably need to if want to use them

Just be weary on their licensing terms
Tier 1 Developer
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I think its the same as the GameGuru animations.

But if you say it only have 6040 some must have been removed , anyway here is the GG list should be the same , higher frames then 6040 will not work then:

Subscribe and checkout great AppGameKit video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2019 17:29
@puzzler2018
The model came with AppGameKit, so should be ok to use in your own stuff. You can also extract the skeleton animations I guess and use in modified models, but may or may not work that easy.
I've done something like that in the past in Blitz3d with other models, not sure what tool I used(I was using DeleD, Anim8 and Milkshape back then and perhaps some others, so could be any of them).
GameGuru has a model editor in which you can dress up and modify your own characters I believe.

@Preben
Many thanks, very useful.
I do have GameGuru plus GameGuruLoader, but as my current system is ancient GG is almost crawling. Time for a big upgrade hehehe (who knows, perhaps later this year)
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2019 18:32
Hi there. An easy way to see at least, what frame start / end different animation is this little snippet .

I'm not a grumpy grandpa

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:32:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:32:27