Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / a simple protection

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2019 17:47
Hi, I want that my app created in AppGameKit tier1 must be linked to a device (a smartpho or tablet android).
I was thiking to link the app controlling the mac address of the device, there is a mode to read mac address in AppGameKit ?
so when app start , read the mac address and verify it with mac address saved in app . if different exit app
or if non possible read the mac address, can help me to find a new way ?
thank you very much

puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 27th Feb 2019 18:21 Edited at: 27th Feb 2019 18:22
You could look into commands like running these commands at the start of the app.

GetDeviceIP
GetDeviceBaseName
GetDevicePlatform

If its first time you run the app then store the data coming from these commands

so any future runs of the app after its first run- and each one doesn't match up then the app is playing on the wrong device - so immediately stops the app from running

Good luck
Tier 1 Developer
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 27th Feb 2019 18:27
Call the file "LEVELDATA.DAT" to store this informtion in, so that if anyone takes the app off one device onto another - they will probably copy this file across too - cause it looks remarkably like some level setup infomation and important
to be kept with the app.
Tier 1 Developer
darzon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2019 19:51
thank you very much puzzler2018

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 11:33:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 11:33:13