Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] My media files do not show up in AGKS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 18:58 Edited at: 1st Mar 2019 19:00
Hey all,

I've purchased the alpha for AGKS today and imported an older project from a few years back. It imported and ran, but I don't see any media files in the IDE. Do they all have to be in the project root directory or something? They're in subfolders ./media/images, ./media/sounds, etc.

Also, I've noticed that my game runs noticeably slower from within AGKS. I assume this is because AGKS itself is an app written in AppGameKit, and maybe most systems can't reliably run two at the same time? I'm only assuming this because I've recompiled my game, shut down AGKS, and ran the executable with no issues. It ran perfectly well. But again, when I open up AGKS and click Run, the game runs with a noticeable frame drop. I'm trying this on my work computer, a Mac 2014 10.14.3

Thanks!
Senior Software Engineer - RotoGrinders

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

JosephB
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Jeku,

I got the media files to show up through Edit/Preferences and selecting the Ide tab, then selecting the box for "Display Projects Media Folder in Assets Browser". I then selected the project from the Assets Browser list (bottom left of IDE).

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2019 19:14
@JosephB - Thanks, that worked for me! Now we just have the speed issue
Senior Software Engineer - RotoGrinders
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
I had a significant FPS drop, as well, using Nvidia GPU.

I wonder if its possible that our shaders are not SPIR-V, and its slowing it down? I dunno.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:05:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:05:56