Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / How should i describe agk to others?

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2019 08:25
I get alot off questions on wath engine pixelstein runs on after the downloads started to take off.

I currently say i use the agk framework with my own custom game engine.
Agk is something like unity but with more options on wath coding language to use while coding.

Agk is more like a complete framework with sprite and 3d handeling.

Where you write a game engine and dont worrie about the rest.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 10th Mar 2019 08:42 Edited at: 10th Mar 2019 08:44
Its simple to use
the forum and help is plentiful friendly and moderated and full with example code that people have shared with many complete programs
Its better suited to lower end machines than other engines but powerful enough to use the same effects if you desire
has a large command set that's constantly getting upgraded and improved
there are tow tiers one that's basic and easy for beginners and tier2 that is suited to the more experienced programmer trying to squeeze a few frame rates
both tiers allow plugins to be made making them have the ability to do pretty much anything depending on skill if the command set isn't there
fubar
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2019 15:44 Edited at: 10th Mar 2019 15:45
It's a cross platform interpreted language designed primarily around use for games that comes with an integrated opengl graphics engine which provides easy to use handling for both 2d and 3d
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2019 18:00 Edited at: 10th Mar 2019 18:00
Thanks its pretty much how i try to describe it.
If i can promote agk to more users now when people have started to download a game made with it they like so is it alot easier.
The fun bits is that some even write wath engine its made with in there reviews to me on google play

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:31:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:31:58