Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Converting DarkBasic Professional to AGK2?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been a DBP coder for some time and have a large number of code files I have developed over that time. Since acquiring AGK2 I have been puzzling over how to 'convert' some of my programs into AGK2. Take for example the 'dot' command in DBP; what's the best way to simulate (or emulate - whatever the word is) it into AGK2 code? Is it worth starting a new thread to help some of us old coders out?
MOD EDIT: No advertising links
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 12th Mar 2019 10:33
My DbPro is rusty but if you just want to draw a dot the
you would use drawbox syntax below where x and x2 are equal and y and y2 are equal

you could also use the drawline option

hope that helps
fubar
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2019 16:37
amanalone
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for your quick replies - much appreciated. I haven't had time to trawl through all of AGK2 commands but I came across an old DBP program that played with 3D sound. I have attached the file. It has commands like LOAD 3DSOUND, position listener, rotate listener and position sound. I can't find any reference to stuff like this in the AppGameKit help files. I believe the DBP file was part of the 'Darksource' product.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
amanalone
Years of Service
User Offline
I am wondering if 'TheGameCreators' people could provide a list of the commands in DBP that are NOT covered by some command in AGK2. They must know, (e.g. boardroom decision minutes on what to include and not include in the new platform?). I argue this because I have spent many (many) hours developing DBP programs; converting the logic to AGK2 is easy, discovering whether functionality like 3Dsound (see previous post) is in AGK2 takes an age. There are some terrific DBP programs out there that would undoubtedly benefit from the advantages that AGK2 can bring. Some help would be appreciated.
amanalone
Years of Service
User Offline
I have another one. How are '.fx' files handled in AGK2?
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2019 22:22
.fx are hlsl shaders (direct3d)

AGK uses opengl / glsl shaders and so uses .vs and .ps shader files

Unfortunately, you will also have to convert or find equivalent shaders and cannot use .fx files directly.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:19:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:19:29