Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Would buying Studio now give you access to Classic?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2019 13:33 Edited at: 12th Mar 2019 13:35
Just re-read a message I said on one of the other boards where I recommended them buying Studio if they're new to AppGameKit to save them buying Classic now and then having to buy Studio once it's all polished. And that got me wondering if it would just make sense to give classic to those that purchase Studio now, if they haven't already got it in their products page. Is that something that already happens?

It doesn't seem to make much sense for any user to push/promote Classic now when Studio is only months away, some may be pee'd off paying for both so close to each other. Most of us have had Classic for a few years so it's not a problem buying Studio.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2019 18:29 Edited at: 12th Mar 2019 18:33
Yeah I think it is a good idea. TGC could also offer free upgrade to those who purchase classic now. After Studio being released, I don't think anyone going to be interested in Classic and if someone considering to get Classic now, going to think twice with Studio on the corner, so giving away for free could help to motivate people to jump in.
Free Classic to those who buy Studio now.
Free Studio to those who buy Classic now (at full price).

Could work for me if I would not own Classic already but considering to get it now.

It could be also a TGC only deal if purchased through the TGC website, no Steam.
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2019 21:46
I vote
+1
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2019 16:33
I am also a little bit confused with "Steam" and Non-Steam version. Because AppGameKit 2 was, I guess, both ways. If you bought it at TGC you got the Steamkey and if you bought it, you got it at TGC. But I don't no. I bought it as a Baker and later some times on Humble Bundle and there I got the Download-version and the Steamkey.

And from what I understand, there is no "real" Update discount, it is more like a "grace period". So if I would buy the Steam-version, would it be like: Beta Version of AppGameKit Studio also on TGC, but Release-Version only on Steam and no Updates anymore on the TGC download-portal where my other TGC products are like GameGuru, AGK1, AGK2, FPSC Bonanza and so on.

But if I would buy it at TGC, I would have to download and install it manualy everytime, there would be an update. I like the Updater for GameGuru, AppGameKit 2 via Steam. But from what I understand, we don't get an "free" Steamkey, if we buy it at TGC with TGC option.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2019 16:42 Edited at: 13th Mar 2019 16:47
I can't really comment on this it would be up to Rick.

@Xaby

There are three options for buying AppGameKit Studio.

1) Buy now using the TGC Download option, this will grant you a download version of AppGameKit Studio from TGC website upon release. You also get access to the alpha version that you can download now from TGC website.
2) Buy now using the Steam Key option, this will grant you a Steam key of AppGameKit Studio upon release. You also get access to the alpha version that you can download now from TGC website, you lose the TGC download version upon release.
3) Or don't buy now miss the discounts and buy direct from Steam upon launch where you only get the Steam Key.

You only ever get one or the other never both a Steam Key and Download.

The TGC download version requires manual patching from TGC website, the Steam version auto patches as you know.

There are no plans to release on Humble Bundle or other sites at this stage, that will be much later.

Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA RTX 2060

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 02:21:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 02:21:09