Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Issue with editbox popup/lightbox

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi I use Tier1 code and when I let my user edit a text from an editbox on an android phone the width of the temporarly popup/lightbox is not fixed... it will overflow when the user writes a long text. ... I hope my explanation is understandable

See my image...

So to clarify, this is not the EditBox self, this is the popup users get on Android to type in text.

Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2019 18:08
Personally I think the pop up textbox is generally a bad one to use as it's so tiny on the screen and is so far from what people expect on an Android device when inputting text. The editbox in general is really, but that input mode more so. Is there a reason why you went with this one and not the other input mode. I know it doesn't happen with the other input mode.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
Joey22
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Kevin, thanks for your reply... another input mode? I originally used another method, i had a transparant button under a textField which would start GetTextInput ( ) ... however this also used the same popup/lightbox as the above editbox with the same overflow issue.

Is there another way to do this? Thanks for your time.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2019 10:06
@Joey22 I meant this: https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Input/SetEditBoxUseAlternateInput.htm

With this set as 1 you get the tiny text box above the keyboard and in the middle of the visible screen. Set it as 0 and you can type in the editbox as normal without it getting smaller.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 06:11:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 06:11:45