Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Anyone know about fredbeargames?

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2019 21:26
They contacted me and want to publish pixelstein 3d and 8 breed?
I dont have a company so dont know if its a good idea so far for me but would take of some of the workload…
If i dont have a company so do i pay 53 percent in taxes on any revenue..

http://www.fredbeargames.com/
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 21st Mar 2019 21:30
Use your gut instincts on this type of thing - what do you feel about it - your own answer from gut feeling is 100% right..

Tier 1 Developer
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2019 21:35
I think i know a guy who did the art for one of their games. I'll ask
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2019 00:50
Looking at their website, some of those games have 1m plus downloads.

That's cant be anything but good.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2019 00:52
And going by his linked in profile.......the CEO is very well connected.

You're a lucky man cliff! Well done I say.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2019 02:50 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2019 02:57
This is what my mate said;
Quote: "Hi Blink, you know me - I am 'just' the art guy... the coder chose them and their promotions were great - 1Mio downloads - but the money made was well below expectations...
and the coder decided to change publishers last year... not more money... well... less in my account... so... I don't really know how good they were... "
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2019 03:05
just be careful what you sign..

Just make sure you don't end up stuck in an exclusive deal in their favor..

Quote: "I dont have a company so dont know if its a good idea so far for me but would take of some of the workload…"

What work load are you hoping they take over ? In terms of support technical questions will end up in your lap anyway.

Marketing cost comes from your end, so whatever they put into your title, they recoup first...

Quote: "If i dont have a company so do i pay 53 percent in taxes on any revenue.."

It's just like working at Mcdonalds. You still need to pay personal income tax in your country/territory.

PlayBASIC To HTML5/WEB - Convert PlayBASIC To Machine Code
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2019 16:18
I am not familiar with them but many of the games on their website when I checked them out have 1k to 5k downloads on the app store. So I'd definitely expect the very low end of getting 1k downloads from them and base your decision on that. If you actually end up with 1 million downloads great. Probably want to make sure they don't expect EXCLUSIVE rights too.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2019 18:16
True,

Never make an exclusive contract. If the publisher keeps insisting on exclusive rights, it's probably newbie-ripoff
Also make sure all rights to the source code and the game remain with you

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Its time to hire a CPA or whatever the equivalent is in your country, bud. This is probably out of the realm of this sub. Great job, man! People are taking notice of you.
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2019 05:35
Also be absolutely certain with whom you're speaking when receiving unsolicited emails.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2019 16:56
Thanks for all feedback

Only reason to have a publisher is to earn more money.
But if the payback is poor so is it a dead end.
You still work the same amount of hours on all code and that neads to payback somehow.

I where first contacted by the founders private email and after that on there company email.

The company seams good but it nead to fit my current personal state also.

Iam going to think about this for a couple of days…………..

I want control over my creations.

If i at some state want to release source code for free and things like that.

haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Mar 2019 17:17
why don't you publish yourself?

you can make the entire publicity by yourself today.
Using Google, Facebook, Instagram etc...
you really do not need anyone...

I myself got offers from an Israeli gaming company for publishing... but my gut instinct told me not to trust them as they are new to the market I ended up working with them for one month unpaid just to get the hang of publishing games.
what they do is they publish through google/facebook/Instagram etc, me and you? we can do it ourselves.

Have you tried publishing trough TGC? I did not take a look at TGC publishing yet but it also might be a good offer.

and one more thing I learned from that company is that Huge Product Businesses use several publicity agents and corporations so that their product will go on and on in several ways in several countries. SO NO INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTS ARE GOOD FOR ANYONE IN THE APP BUSINESS.
actually, I got like 3 or 4 emails right now from companies all over the world that wants to publish (Pay per Install) Mini Math X (Android), I hardly take a look at them as they seem like bots or something... you know... lurking for new apps on google play and app store just want to "We love your app! and we think its the best why don't you pay us so we will push it forwards towards everyone everywhere ..." haha I honestly don't know who to believe...
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2019 01:36
I already self publish.
but when i release more and more games so is it painfull to everytime update slide db,itch io,google play and amazon for each game you update.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 24th Mar 2019 08:02
well, you can always hire an expert, he or she will not get individual rights on your apps, you just need to google "publish apps" to see how many there out there, since Google and Facebook arise a lot of experts are out there... In Israel, we have like 100+ companies (decent and profitable companies) that do just that...
once I let a company see what they can do with mini math x after 5 minutes mini math x was 9# popular on new apps in google play, I told them to remove it since they wanted a lot of money... there are so many tricks that this can be done...

do not under any circumstances give individual rights to any one company or expert... always leave this to you and to you only. it's not like Blizzard approached you or Ea Games... these are small companies that just use Google as their main platform for advertising.
more to that.. you can actually search for the same companies in Russia, India etc... countries where the currency is lower then yours the same idea applies only cheaper, and do not forget India has 1.5 billion people I don't know how many have phones but I do think its above the 10 percent which is 150 million if you even get a small percentage of that you are good to go... (I'm actually moving soon to India to check this exact scenario.)
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2019 05:57
Haven't you already published like dozens of mobile apps in the past? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2019 11:25 Edited at: 27th Mar 2019 11:29
Yes phaelax but not thru others with my own creations.
Iam currently cutting down my android apps because i dont have time to update to many..
Everytime i do a update so do i nead to update slide db,amazon,itch io,google play and agk showcase and thats much sometimes.
But iam bad at updating the agk showcase.

My experince so far is that you have to have a presence on slide db and itch to get downloads on google play.

And yes the posts on the forum also neads updates

My experience is that itch and slide db are a have to..

When its slow on itch do usually slide db have a peak and reversed.

But i currently dont earn much ………

I have currently turned them down so far..

Told them i nead to solve a few things before i do anything...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 02:07:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 02:07:04