Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Scene editor, suggetions

Author
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 17:49 Edited at: 26th Mar 2019 18:38
After playing for a while with the scene editor v0.49, here are my first thoughts:
- The editor looks good and easy to use
- How I can use the editor if I want to use the percentage system?
- I would like better navigation in the 3D model preview window (If I stop moving the mouse, the model will still rotate. The rotate check boxes are unchecked)
- A 'center to screen' functionality, for placing sprites would be very handy (especially in intro screens or main menu screens)
- It took me some minutes to realize that I have to click on the media folder of the project tree in order to display all the media in the 'Media files' panel

Personally I don't like this type of expose of each scene. I like much more the Tiled approach.
What I would like to see in the 2D scene editor is the following working pipeline:
- Create 2D game entity types (through a specific window of the IDE). Each entity type has common properties (value, name) and custom properties. Common property values are the same among the same entity type. Custom properties can have different values among the same entiy types
- Assign an image from the media, to every entity created in the step before
- Place 2D entities (instances of entity types) on the scene (in various layers)
- Export the scene as single .json file which can be loaded with a single line of code of AGK
- Let the programmer to chose what to do with every entity
ShaunRW
DBPro Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2019 09:03
Quote: "Personally I don't like this type of expose of each scene. I like much more the Tiled approach."

+1 from me. This would take it from a simple placement editor, to more of a level editor.
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2019 10:05
If you mean the Scene Editor to looks and function more like to the Tiled Map Editor program I agree too.
+1
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2019 14:20
+1 for percentage system. I have so much legacy code using the percentage system that it would be a major pain to switch at this point.
pamercomov
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2019 14:52
allows the editor to work with animated tiles, such as water, fire, lava etc ... if not I think it should be a request. Do not you think
using AppGameKit V2 tier 1
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
I also like the way TileD does certain things but I also like many other things about many other editors I've been using.
I wish TGC would have asked for opinions in a survey or something how the editor should work, integrate and interface when they were designing the editor on paper
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2019 19:10
Quote: "I wish TGC would have asked for opinions in a survey or something how the editor should work"

+1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 03:39:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 03:39:18